Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reid, Mahomes and Spags
Quote: @Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:
Listen, when its all said and done, Mahomes is going to be talked about as the best QB in NFL history. Yep, that's tall talk with Tom Brady as the GOAT, but its still true. 
Mahomes 6 years as a starter playing in his 4th Superbowl, pretty convincing argument…
I have a lot of friends who are Chiefs fans and it’s tilting to think they’ve had more success in 5 years than the Vikings probably will in my lifetime. Sobering but it’s best not to dwell on these things!

if I am a Chiefs fan, I might be asking myself if this is Reid's last hurrah?

If so, they got Spags on the staff...His stock is pretty high right now after tutoring Monken. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
They picked the right time to get hot. This was not a consistently good team during the regular season. 
But with that defense, past experience, and QB I figured they would flip a switch. I am not surprised.
They made some changes to the offense late season that helped turn it around.   Reid has gone run-heavy which has never been a thing he liked to do.  Mahomes has acknowledged they have to play a different style with this particular iteration of the team.   And Spags D has been what's carried them all year, it's arguably the best in the league.   They played smart football and let Baltimore beat themselves last Sunday.   Baltimore looked like they were in a panic as soon as they got down 10 points.   The crazy part is KC didn't score the entire 2nd half and still won by 10.   If they get a couple of receivers in the offseason then lookout for next year.

They also have the advantage of Reid's incredibly deep experience, and the experience they all have together doing the same thing for years, winning titles.  Spags isn't going anywhere because he flopped as a HC, DC is his ceiling and that's how he'll spend the rest of his career, so why leave when he's in the best spot he could be.   

It's going to be tough for any team to unseat them in the years to come.  Harbaugh will give it a go, should make for some epic battles down the road.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@kmillard said:
@MaroonBells said:
They picked the right time to get hot. This was not a consistently good team during the regular season. 
But with that defense, past experience, and QB I figured they would flip a switch. I am not surprised.
They made some changes to the offense late season that helped turn it around.   Reid has gone run-heavy which has never been a thing he liked to do.  Mahomes has acknowledged they have to play a different style with this particular iteration of the team.   And Spags D has been what's carried them all year, it's arguably the best in the league.   They played smart football and let Baltimore beat themselves last Sunday.   Baltimore looked like they were in a panic as soon as they got down 10 points.   The crazy part is KC didn't score the entire 2nd half and still won by 10.   If they get a couple of receivers in the offseason then lookout for next year.

They also have the advantage of Reid's incredibly deep experience, and the experience they all have together doing the same thing for years, winning titles.  Spags isn't going anywhere because he flopped as a HC, DC is his ceiling and that's how he'll spend the rest of his career, so why leave when he's in the best spot he could be.   

It's going to be tough for any team to unseat them in the years to come.  Harbaugh will give it a go, should make for some epic battles down the road.
On offense the emergence of Rashee Rice made a big difference down the stretch. That defense has also shown how fast you can build a decent unit if you hit on your draft picks. Vikings seem to be best at drafting special teams level players lately on D.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
They are the new dynasty 
I forgot Kelce too. 
How could you forget Taylor Swift's boyfriend

[Image: yywcrs7o32ra.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
They are the new dynasty 
I forgot Kelce too. 
How could you forget Taylor Swift's boyfriend

[Image: yywcrs7o32ra.gif]
Or how about Romo called Swift 'Travis Kelce's wife'? Romo is a nutbag.