Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did my first mock draft and it was a hoot
So big 3 are gone at 11 so I trade back to 15, pick up an extra mid 2nd and 4th and select Verse. EDGE? check. 

Mccarthy is there at 43 and i pounce with Sweat the 362lb behemoth also there, which made me sweat and he does go but i pick xavier Worthy with my pick at 48. 

i get to 4th and Spencer Rattler is on the board. LoL   Zinter is off the board so i take Donovan Jackson from OH State. Dude is massive and explosive. 

App then crashed but in hindsight I probably take Rattler cause why the hell not, i got 5ths and 6ths coming out my ears. 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/sim/vikings-draft-11-1640

Quote: @Bullazin said:
So big 3 are gone at 11 so I trade back to 15, pick up an extra mid 2nd and 4th and select Verse. EDGE? check. 

Mccarthy is there at 43 and i pounce with Sweat the 362lb behemoth also there, which made me sweat and he does go but i pick xavier Worthy with my pick at 48. 

i get to 4th and Spencer Rattler is on the board. LoL   Zinter is off the board so i take Donovan Jackson from OH State. Dude is massive and explosive. 

App then crashed but in hindsight I probably take Rattler cause why the hell not, i got 5ths and 6ths coming out my ears. 

Congrats...  Looks like fun.

So guessing we're re-signing Kirk? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:

I’m torn on Kirko.  I think we did not extend him last year because we are willing to move on. In this scenario I could see us rolling with Pastronaut or some other lower cost Bridge, but do not know how you sell that to the team. 

Maybe we sell the farm for Caleb, but I think with CHI holding that pick we are screwed. I think Maye goes 2nd and Daniels 3rd so  that may be the only legitimate targets. If Kwesi sells the farm, it will be a tenure defining move.  Caleb is the only lock in this crop really . 

Are we able to see how the other teams drafted?

Not sure. i got the link from another site and quickly ran through the draft and lost interest after it crashed. 

It was just some fun in an otherwise Vikeless day 

@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:

I’m torn on Kirko.  I think we did not extend him last year because we are willing to move on. In this scenario I could see us rolling with Pastronaut or some other lower cost Bridge, but do not know how you sell that to the team. 

Maybe we sell the farm for Caleb, but I think with CHI holding that pick we are screwed. I think Maye goes 2nd and Daniels 3rd so  that may be the only legitimate targets. If Kwesi sells the farm, it will be a tenure defining move.  Caleb is the only lock in this crop really . 
I think we did not extend him last year because we hoped (and tried) to trade up and draft one of the top QBs, giving that QB the '23 season to sit behind Kirk. 

That didn't work out, but it should give us a little insight into the plan. Yes, we do want to move on from Kirk's money. But we also want to give a rookie a year to develop. 

I like JJM as much as the next guy, but I doubt this team is willing to hand over the keys to this offense to a 21-year-old, 2nd round rookie.