Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridge qbs
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't think a bridge is going to sit well with Justin Jefferson, or anyone else for that matter.

And bridge QBs aren't cheap either. Wilson, Mayfield, Tannehill? ...every one of those guys is going to cost you $30M+. This year's bridges were Geno, Jimmy G. They were $25M.

Would you rather have one of the above bridges for $25-$30M or Cousins for $35-$40? That answer should be obvious. 
Exactly!     Jefferson is a key component in this as the Vikings need to keep him content.  He's practically advocating 
for Kirk.  Hell based on many of the "bridge" QB's available I'd just as soon keep Mullens if we're not going to reach a
deal with Cousins.

I’m telling you guys, it’s either Cousins or a first round rookie starting for us next year. That’s it. 

Why in God’s name would we sign a “bridge QB” who has zero knowledge of our system and zero chemistry with our receivers all to save a nominal amount of money from what Cousins provides. It makes less than no sense. 

Scenario 1: Resign Cousins and let the draft fall to you as it comes. Obviously the team looks to draft the QBOTF, but you don’t have to reach or mortgage the future to get him. You can also win games, compete for the division and be a playoff team if you don’t get the QB you want. 

Scenario 2:  Cut the cord and pray to Odin you draft a superstar at QB. There is literally no price to large (Jefferson, multiple firsts and seconds, etc) to make sure you get your guy…. and they WILL have to pay a kings ransom if they want to move up because every GM is going to know the Vikings are over a barrel and HAVE to draft a QB. We sat and waited in 2011 and Drafted Christian Ponder 12th after 3 QBs came off the board before our pick. 

Then there’s the risk with BOTH scenarios….what if all the QBs coming out this year suck or at least the QB we pick?  

This regime seems to me to have proven they’re risk adverse in the personnel department. I think the most likely scenario is bringing Cousins back, and seeing if the QB you like falls to you or doesn’t cost as much to move up and get.