Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee jerk offseason plan , no QB
I’d identify the new guy coming out at 12 assuming they aren’t completely sure on Hall. I’d sign Kirk to a 2 year deal. He should come at a reasonable price tag, although he’s going to get a ton of consideration from other clubs. Had he kept this year’s trajectory, he’d have commanded a pile next year so the team may catch a little break with the injury. 
Mullins is not the answer. If you’re not playing for a title each year, why are you playing? I get the shininess of tear downs and a rookie draft QB, but not all of those guys work out. Also, for the gobs of teams I’ve seen tear it down, very few ever made a Super Bowl. 
The secret sauce isn’t a secret, but for some reason it is elusive to most. One need look no further than the Patriots epic run of Superbowls. What was their secret? It wasn’t Tom Brady. You absolutely do have to have a great QB who can put up points and play smart, but the secret to their success is they nearly always yielded a top 10 defense. A guy like Kirk Cousins would be in the Super Bowl hunt every ingle year if the other side of the ball was top 10 annually. 
This team has developed a really solid offense with not a lot of weaknesses. The defense is on the right track as long as they continue to focus on it like last year with the right coach in the building. 
This team gets Kirk signed, take that rookie at 12 without much worry. That gives that first round QB a couple of years with one of the best pros (in my opinion) in the league to learn from. Keep working on that defense and they are good to go next year. Injuries can always derail a season, but having the actual answer behind Kirk is the key. 
Tear down? That should never have to happen if you’re doing your job. Looks like Sean Payton is going to try that route, let’s just see how it works out for him.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
I’d identify the new guy coming out at 12 assuming they aren’t completely sure on Hall. I’d sign Kirk to a 2 year deal. He should come at a reasonable price tag, although he’s going to get a ton of consideration from other clubs. Had he kept this year’s trajectory, he’d have commanded a pile next year so the team may catch a little break with the injury. 
Mullins is not the answer. If you’re not playing for a title each year, why are you playing? I get the shininess of tear downs and a rookie draft QB, but not all of those guys work out. Also, for the gobs of teams I’ve seen tear it down, very few ever made a Super Bowl. 
The secret sauce isn’t a secret, but for some reason it is elusive to most. One need look no further than the Patriots epic run of Superbowls. What was their secret? It wasn’t Tom Brady. You absolutely do have to have a great QB who can put up points and play smart, but the secret to their success is they nearly always yielded a top 10 defense. A guy like Kirk Cousins would be in the Super Bowl hunt every ingle year if the other side of the ball was top 10 annually. 
This team has developed a really solid offense with not a lot of weaknesses. The defense is on the right track as long as they continue to focus on it like last year with the right coach in the building. 
This team gets Kirk signed, take that rookie at 12 without much worry. That gives that first round QB a couple of years with one of the best pros (in my opinion) in the league to learn from. Keep working on that defense and they are good to go next year. Injuries can always derail a season, but having the actual answer behind Kirk is the key. 
Tear down? That should never have to happen if you’re doing your job. Looks like Sean Payton is going to try that route, let’s just see how it works out for him.
Agree. I think the prevailing thought for the decision makers will be that this offense--with JJ, Addison, Hockenson and one of the NFL's better young OLs--is Super Bowl ready.

No matter what we do elsewhere, we have to make sure that group is led by a quality QB. The only way to ensure that is to re-sign Cousins. 

That offense, with a QB depth chart that looks something like Cousins—Daniels/Penix/Nix—Hall would be rebuilt and ready to contend in 2024, and also set up to ride a QB on a rookie deal for several years after.