Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know, there's something about this kid I like....
Happy for him that he's turned his career around:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/baker...term-deal/

I hope he's found a long-term home...

Lot worse places he could have landed than TB, thats for sure. 

I'm not sure Baker is now a franchise guy, but I'd say they're more likely to get back to the Super Bowl with him and some offensive continuity than by trying to pull one from the draft.  

I've always kinda liked Baker too. It was way over the top early in his career with all of the commercials and whatnot, I think that humbled him some (along with bouncing around the league a few times). He's not the best but he's an exciting guy to watch play and has really excelled at feeding Mike Evans this year. Evans is probably headed to the HOF so that helps, but it's been a good story. A lot of teams could do worse at QB than an average QB making average QB money.

I was wanting the team to take a run at him before TBay got him,  I still would have made a strong push for a rookie QB,  but Baker is good enough to hold the spot for 4 or 5 years if you dont hit on one,  and I thought we could get him for less over all than Cousins would cost,  and add a little mobility to the position along the way.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I've always kinda liked Baker too. It was way over the top early in his career with all of the commercials and whatnot, I think that humbled him some (along with bouncing around the league a few times). He's not the best but he's an exciting guy to watch play and has really excelled at feeding Mike Evans this year. Evans is probably headed to the HOF so that helps, but it's been a good story. A lot of teams could do worse at QB than an average QB making average QB money.
They have Godwin also right?  and a good OL. if BM was gonna turn it around it was a good sitch for him to land.  

I was hoping he'd do well after the way the Browns screwed him.