Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrisaw couldn't handle Aidan Hutchinson
I said it. Its out there in the world now. I feel better having released the demons.

[Image: 6f5ad710-c10f-46c3-9d0f-78727346e553_text.gif]

It won't be the last time he couldn't handle someone. Nor was it the first. Same with Trent Williams and Lane Johnson. You win some, you lose some. But like the above guys, Darrisaw's gonna have a lot more winning than losing. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I said it. Its out there in the world now. I feel better having released the demons.

When you only rush the ball 11 times for 17 yards....for the entirety of a game, it's going to be a problem. Everybody knows we aren't running and there's no real threat, so it's easy for teams to pin their ears back and get after it, and when you have a turnover prone backup under center it's going to be trouble. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

When you only rush the ball 11 times for 17 yards....for the entirety of a game, it's going to be a problem. Everybody knows we aren't running and there's no real threat, so it's easy for teams to pin their ears back and get after it, and when you have a turnover prone backup under center it's going to be trouble. 
It's almost as if the Lions were geared up to stop the run, forcing Mullens to beat them. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

It's almost as if the Lions were geared up to stop the run, forcing Mullens to beat them. 
The Lions are very average up front outside of Hutchinson. They ranked 20th defending the run heading into Minnesota. Our lack of a run game all year is a combo of either KOC just not having any interest in trying to establish the run, or our offensive line just isn't physical enough up front to move bodies and we are routinely getting the pocket collapsed and the backs hit in the backfield. All this talk about a commitment to running the ball more and being more physical up front (giving Oliver 21 million dollars) has all been bullshit and its cost us, including the game against the Lions. 

I wonder about our actual running scheme itself. KOC always talks about marrying the run & the pass. So perhaps designing run plays that look like our pass plays isn’t actually conducive to, you know, running the damn ball.

Quote: @Kentis said:
I wonder about our actual running scheme itself. KOC always talks about marrying the run & the pass. So perhaps designing run plays that look like our pass plays isn’t actually conducive to, you know, running the damn ball.
Talk is clearly KOC's best ability.

Some fans just need to put the team in a no-win situation: they didn't commit to the run, they committed to the run for too long when it wasn't working, they didn't game plan well, they got out coached, the pass plays were horseshit, etc.

4 INTs and what, 4 or 5 injuries in this game alone? Yet were a wobbly ass late pass away from winning it despite all that. That seems a lot like good coaching to me more than anything else. 

Well then, Eberflus s/b coach of the year…!  Wink B)

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Couple that with a passing routes that take time to develop farther down the field and it really puts pressure on the Oline.  Vikings had 10 passes that traveled in the air over 20 yards; the Lions had 0.  Lions had 12 passes BEHIND the line of scrimmage; Vikings had zero.  https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/game-center-index

The above link actually has some interesting stats -- who do you think was the fastest player with the ball in their hands -- that really surprised me.