Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans returning?
Vikings cornerback Akayleb Evans said Monday he expects to be "full go" and cleared to return for Sunday's game in Las Vegas.Evans, who started the first 10 games, has missed two games because of a right calf strain he suffered in the 27-19 Nov. 12 victory over the Saints. Coming off three weeks of recovery including the bye week, Evans ran through drills at the start of Monday's walkthrough.
"It's the best it has felt since I hurt it," Evans said. "Feeling real good and confident."
Receiver Justin Jefferson, whom coach Kevin O'Connell previously said will return from a seven-game absence on Sunday, also ran through drills in front of reporters.
Evans' return would bolster the Vikings' eighth-ranked scoring defense (20.2 points per game) that recently lost linebacker Jordan Hicks because of a leg injury. They've remained solid, holding opponents to no more than 21 points and 325 yards in six of the past seven games.
Evans, the 2022 fourth-round pick, has five pass deflections and three forced fumbles, including a key takeaway in the 31-28 Nov. 5 win in Atlanta when he ripped the ball out of Falcons running back Bijan Robinson's hands. He said he's grown along with the rest of his young defensive teammates.
"My maturity and how to handle everything," Evans said. "There's a lot that comes with this business on and off the field. But just being able to have my mindset right, not let outside noise influence me. It's been huge. You really realize — people talk about the game is 90% mental, it's real."
Like many, Evans said he watched the Packers beat the reigning Super Bowl champion Chiefs on Sunday night. Green Bay's 27-19 win means the NFC North currently has three teams with tentative playoff spots between the Lions (9-3), Vikings (6-6) and Packers (6-6). Evans said the postseason is coming early to Minnesota.
"Especially with our last three games being Detroit twice and Green Bay," Evans said. "It's going to be [like] playoff games.
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-akayleb-evans-chris-rumph-joshua-dobbs-las-vegas/600324392/

Murphy, Evans and Blackmon are a good, young foundation at corner to build upon in 2024. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Murphy, Evans and Blackmon are a good, young foundation at corner to build upon in 2024. 
Agreed. That's been a nice positive.