Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Dobbs is going to need to pass the team to a win soon...
Back in the day when Zimmer’s defenses were causing havoc I remember Rodgers and others would use a moving pocket, roll outs, etc.
KOC needs to change with his new offense and I believe O’Connell will.
ithink we found out “franchise head coach”

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Agreed,

D's will spy, blitz etc to keep him in check. 

Nothing the football world hasn't seen b4 though. 

How Dobbs/KOC/Phillips adjust will be the great chess match. 
One thing with the spy, he has shown the speed to beat that.  His TD run against the Saints revealed some serious speed.

But yes, throwing the ball down the field is quicker, easier and a more consistent way to win.

Very nice video El Padre, thanks

Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
@"DeepFreeze05" said:
Something that I've noticed about Dobbs so far is that he looks to pass first before taking off. Even while scrambling/escaping he's looking to pass.  He hasn't been a typical tuck and run QB once things breaks down, and I believe defenses will have to account for that, if they haven't already.  He also seems to have nice pocket awareness and movement within it. 

As he becomes more comfortable with the offense, and with the weapons this team has, this offense, potentially, can really take off.

Just no more major injuries, please.

Building off of your point here, watch his eyes in the play at 1:02.  Far as I can tell he gets through 3 reads, tucks it, and then finds Hock down field. 

I love Chandler.  They were asking where the ball was.  He said, "I plan on going back"