Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlanta isn't a bad place to start Jaren Hall
Indoors, notoriously has a lot of Viking's fans in attendance and Grady Jarrett is out. Could be worse. They never sell out also so its not like the place will sound like Arrowhead. Rumors are the Vikings are going to hold tight today and won't make any trades so lets ride. Still not sure if Hall will start all year, but certainly appears locked in for this upcoming Sunday.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQchbXK3fvt0x-O3Revo5C...TzXMHbrg&s]

Holding tight is the only option that makes sense,  the names in trade dont move the needle much than the veteran free agents available would,  and even if you only had to give up a mid round pick,   you are still giving up an asset for another teams trash.

I don't want them to get another qb at this point unless it's a backup. I just don't see the point. I am interested in how this impacts Jefferson because no matter what anyone else thinks, he really likes Cousins 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
I don't want them to get another qb at this point unless it's a backup. I just don't see the point. I am interested in how this impacts Jefferson because no matter what anyone else thinks, he really likes Cousins 
I think it would have been a different story if they had traded Cousins.  But injuries happen and if Jefferson would ask to be traded to a team with a top quarterback that could also change on any given play with another injury.  Think he will go with the team and offense that has made him what he is so far.

Our playbook is not simple, and it's not a plug-and-play for any newcomer, I don't care who it would be.  Our best bet would be Hall (who at least knows the playbook), and who showed small glimpses...and a lockdown defense.  No guarantee that Mullins comes back healthy a week later.  At least Hall has been exposed to the playbook over many months and he's got an arm and is dual-threat athletic.  While he was a 5th rounder, keep in mind that Kirko was a 4th rounder himself.  
Best late round QBs:
10.  Marc Bulger (2 Pro Bowls)
9. Mark Brunell (3x Pro-Bowler)
8.  Rich Gannon (got himself a nice ring with Oakland...late bloomer)
7. Brad Johnson (won a Super Bowl, but not with the Vikings)
6. Matt Hasselbeck  (11 playoffs/3 Pro Bowls)
5. Mark Rypien (Super Bowl MVP)
4.  Joe Theisman (did not originally rhyme with Heisman)
3. Bart Starr (I've heard of him...a round 17 pick)
2. Roger Staubach (Drew Pearson DID push off)
1. Tom Brady...(too many rings, not enough fingers)

Vikings trade for QB Josh Dobbs.