Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well of course.....
I don't know about elite, but they're not far off. The OL is probably one of the top 5 to 10 OLs in football.

I was looking at Bradbury's PFF grades per year: 2019-58, 2020-61, 2021-60, 2022-70, 2023-80. And his pass blocking is now higher than his run blocking, which has always been very good. So far this year (135 snaps), he's given up 0 sacks, 0 hits, 0 pressures and 0 hurries. It appears the team made the right decision to re-sign him. Even Ed Ingram now ranks 27th among 64 guards, which is better than average, and a lot better than last year. 

But with the Vikings it's always whack-a-mole. Fix one thing and another pops up. For this year's Vikings, it's this...

https://twitter.com/DataWithBliss/status...87480?s=20

I think we’re overdue for someone to do a deep dive on this
topic on why our OLine appears to be doing so well according to some metrics,
but also Cousins was getting hit so bad for the first several games and why our
running game is sucking hard.  Get a good OLine they say, that's all Cousins needs to succeed...  You can run the ball effectively with a good OLine and a midlevel back...

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I think we’re overdue for someone to do a deep dive on this
topic on why our OLine appears to be doing so well according to some metrics,
but also Cousins was getting hit so bad for the first several games and why our
running game is sucking hard.  Get a good OLine they say, that's all Cousins needs to succeed...  You can run the ball effectively with a good OLine and a midlevel back...
I think that's mostly just a perception. Every QB in the NFL struggles with pressure. Cousins ranks 1st in the NFL in TDs and 2nd in the NFL in yards. He's the 13th most sacked QB and the 14th most hurried. Among the top 10 QBs, the amount of time he has in the pocket ranks 3rd.