Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Darrisaw off injury report, Marcus Davenport out for Vikings
Marcus Davenport’s Lackadaisical Locker Room Interview Shows a Concerning Lack of Urgency (msn.com)

Marcus Davenport’s Lackadaisical Locker Room Interview Shows a Concerning Lack of Urgency
Story by Tyler Ireland •9h
It appears that everyone in the organization from the front office, to the coaching staff, along with the players are extremely motivated to do everything in their power to make an impact and help this team remain competitive in the NFC North... Except for Marcus Davenport, who gave a lackadaisical locker room interview and didn’t show the same level of urgency or professionalism as the rest of the team.
Quote:
When KSTP’s Darren Wolfson asked Davenport about his ankle injury, he said that he’s been making progress and that it’s a “day-to-day” thing despite only playing four snaps through the first two weeks of the regular season. Then he made this odd facial expression and let out a casual sigh mid-interview.
[Image: AA1h7SUl.img?w=768&h=432&m=6&x=594&y=177&s=283&d=283]Surely, this is the face of a man who’s taking things seriously.
He was also super vague about the supposed “progress” he’s been making and refused to elaborate on how he felt compared to last week. As a key player on the defense, I was expecting him to talk about how he’s focused on helping the team win in any way possible, even on the sidelines by giving advice and being a leader or a mentor to guys like Patrick Jones and D.J. Wonnum. Instead, he didn’t seem too concerned about the current state of the team after an 0-2 start.

Yeah I saw that interview.  Could be a goofy personality or he could just be a turd. If his attitude towards football is reflective of this interview it might explain why he hasn't lived up to his draft billing (and FA money this year).

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Yeah I saw that interview.  Could be a goofy personality or he could just be a turd. If his attitude towards football is reflective of this interview it might explain why he hasn't lived up to his draft billing (and FA money this year).
[Image: giphy.gif]

If that bozo Dougie interviewed me I'd start yawning too.  Hell I'd probably fall asleep.