Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davenport questionable
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Getting Dalvin Tomlinson vibes... Hopefully I'm wrong and Davenport helps us out. D needs him.
Not sure what you mean here. Would love if Davenport gives us what we got from DT.

People talk about upgrades and downgrades. Most are unclear. The most obvious downgrade in my mind is DT to Dean Lowry. 
I think Davenport is going to underperform unfortunately for the team this year. And this year at DT? Yikes. I think we need to hope that Flores has some magic, but not sure how we'll stop the run on defense this year. 

Havent geeked out on Flores D or looked at any video but i would assume the DT’s are gonna play one gap and everyone is gonna run to the ball. The drafting and personnel leans so far, though early, look like very aggressive/ decisive tacklers who run hard to the ball.  Reminds me of the Niners in that regard. 

@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Getting Dalvin Tomlinson vibes... Hopefully I'm wrong and Davenport helps us out. D needs him.
Not sure what you mean here. Would love if Davenport gives us what we got from DT.

People talk about upgrades and downgrades. Most are unclear. The most obvious downgrade in my mind is DT to Dean Lowry. 
I think Davenport is going to underperform unfortunately for the team this year. And this year at DT? Yikes. I think we need to hope that Flores has some magic, but not sure how we'll stop the run on defense this year. 

With Davenport it's always been about his health. And so it is again, though I'd be surprised if he didn't play today. 

I agree that stopping the run will be a weakness on this defense. It's a downhill defense, not a stack and shed defense. So we'll see some TFLs, but likely several chunk runs as well. 

• Marcus Davenport (ankle/foot) made his Vikings debut on Thursday night, but it didn't last long. He was on the field to start the team's first defensive series before spending the rest of the night on the sidelines. O'Connell said Davenport tried to go but his right foot gave him issues.

Quote: @minny65 said:
  • Marcus Davenport (ankle/foot) made his Vikings debut on Thursday night, but it didn't last long. He was on the field to start the team's first defensive series before spending the rest of the night on the sidelines. O'Connell said Davenport tried to go but his right foot gave him issues.
Hoping the 10 days off helps some of these guys with minor nagging injuries heal up. Davenport, Darrisaw, and Bradbury. 

I wonder what the betting odds would be on number of games played by Davenport this year? I say 4.

@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Don't forget about the great signing of Dean Lowery who had 1 assisted tackle against the Eagles.

Paying this dude 13m w/ his injury history is fucking Kwazy…!  Confused 

Quote: @Greylock said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

Don't forget about the great signing of Dean Lowery who had 1 assisted tackle against the Eagles.
was a good rotational player on the packers line but clearly not an everydown upgrade that is needed.