Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did former Vikings do in Week 1?
How did former Vikings like Adam Thielen, Eric Kendricks do in Week 1? (msn.com)

Summation:

Browns EDGE Za'Darius Smith: 90.5 PFF grade, 6 pressures, 4 QB hits, 2 tackles, 1 PBU in win vs. Bengals
Smith was absolutely dominant in his Browns debut. He and Myles Garrett had six pressures apiece; they were constantly getting after Burrow. For as long as Smith stays healthy, that's probably the best edge rusher duo in the NFL.
Others
  • Irv Smith Jr. had 3 catches for 17 yards on 5 targets for the Bengals
  • Chandon Sullivan played 13 defensive snaps for the Steelers
  • Duke Shelley only appeared on special teams for the Rams
  • Cameron Dantzler is a free agent again
Overall, Smith had an incredible game and Tomlinson was solid. The Vikings probably beat the Buccaneers with Smith in their lineup on Sunday. Everyone else started slow, which — at least for a week — seems to justify the Vikings' decision to move on from many aging veterans this offseason.

Cook was also pedestrian for the Jets. Thielen isn't going to do anything with a rookie QB, declining skills and that roster, he went for another nice paycheck which I completely get. 

Dalvin may never get the chance to pad the stats. He has Breece Hall to share with now. I saw him make some nice plays and I saw him get thrown for losses. I miss Dalvin though, and I think the team does, too. 

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
Dalvin may never get the chance to pad the stats. He has Breece Hall to share with now. I saw him make some nice plays and I saw him get thrown for losses. I miss Dalvin though, and I think the team does, too. 
I miss him too - but dont know what he would have looked like with the blocking our backs got vs Bucs. 

Oh well, Ive (mostly) emotionally moved on. 

Smith was a terror the first few weeks for us last year.  His issue is the same as Barr's.  He isn't healthy and can't sustain it.