Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucs had Vikings signals
Raschaad White told http://Buccaneers.com that Baker Mayfield said "we got all their signals" at halftime re: Vikings' defensive adjustments before snap.

TB far from prolific, but they had three 10+ play drives and limited Vikings to 9:57 time of possession in 2H.
[Image: F56Z2WVWcAAVxbf?format=jpg&name=medium]

great,  we are playing patty cake,  when other teams are playing chess.

Wow. The Bucs doing Flores a favor. Hopefully they figure out their tells for tomorrow night. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
Wow. The Bucs doing Flores a favor. Hopefully they figure out their tells for tomorrow night. 
Unfortunately don't think it will really matter. 

Yeah, honestly it is good to know now.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"TBro" said:
What's even more embarrassing is that it was Baker Mayfield who cracked the code. If it was Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. I wouldn't be as surprised. 

Everyone underestimates Baker Mayfield.
I was only able to watch the 4th quarter (I was traveling).  It did seem like every pressure our D put on, they ran or rolled to the opposite side, negating our "unpredictable defense".  They outsmarted us by figuring out our signals and made appropriate adjustments, (or so it seems) after halftime.

Seems like the Rams did the same to the Seahawks on the flip side.  I read that the Rams D only gave up 3 yards in the second half.

Underestimate Baker Mayfield, ok.  He is on his 4th team since being drafted.  He is just a guy, this all falls on the defensive staff of the Vikings to recognize something is up and to change calls during the game.  They didn't and it all falls on them.

@"greediron" said:
@"TBro" said:
What's even more embarrassing is that it was Baker Mayfield who cracked the code. If it was Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. I wouldn't be as surprised. 
The difference is that if Rodgers or Brady did it (and it's very likely they have) they'd keep their mouth shut. To me the biggest surprise here is how they just let everyone know. There's value in keeping some things to yourself.