Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, How Bad Are The Vikings At Scouting And Drafting?

For me personally, I didn't think Rick was a bad GM. He had some really nice hits and some misses, just like most GMs that are in the chair for a decent period of time. But it was time for a new regime, both HC and GM. And my ONLY thought is its too early to judge KAM. 

[Image: jackie-redmond-jackie.gif]

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/08...in-league/
People love to point out the busts, but every team drafts busts. Dozens of them. But if you actually look at how they've drafted in all 7 rounds, over time, and in CONTEXT with the rest of the league, they fare very well. 

If you think the Vikings have been bad at drafting, go to Pro Football Reference and look closely at the drafts for every team. They have easily been in the top ten and probably an argument for the top five.

Zimmer really hurt the franchise. 
In addition, the biggest weakness has been offensive line. But look around the league at line play. It is universally poor. I primarily blame the contemporary college game. Guys come in with a big learning curve on the line against absolutely asinine defensive lines and pass rushers. Imagine being a center in a spead option offense in college and now you’re in a pro style offense with Aaron Donald lined up across you for 60 snaps or so. 

As much as I don't consider the Wilfs to be great football men, you have to give them credit along with Rick Spielman for upgrading our scouting department, which was criminally understaffed and behind the times all through the Denny Green/Mike Tice years under Red McCombs. Combine that with the fact we were still reeling from the Walker trade and those were some really lean years when it came to the draft...which is why I consider the Randy Moss pick to be the greatest in Viking history. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
As much as I don't consider the Wilfs to be great football men, you have to give them credit along with Rick Spielman for upgrading our scouting department, which was criminally understaffed and behind the times all through the Denny Green/Mike Tice years under Red McCombs. Combine that with the fact we were still reeling from the Walker trade and those were some really lean years when it came to the draft...which is why I consider the Randy Moss pick to be the greatest in Viking history. 
I agree..and Randy Moss would of be a great pick on a stacked draft...

I kind of miss a spelly. I haven’t seen anything that screams KAM is an upgrade. KOC was a upgrade though.