Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Stupid...
Five days after police cited Vikings rookie receiver Jordan Addison for driving 140 miles per hour down Interstate 94, team brass stood by Addison's character.General manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell cited the team's pre-draft research into Addison's background, as well as the how the 21-year-old Addison and his network have responded to the incident, as reasons to feel confident in his future.
O'Connell said Addison spoke with him and Adofo-Mensah "multiple times" after he was stopped around 3:15 a.m. Thursday on eastbound I-94 in St. Paul.
"The big thing for me talking to Jordan was let's learn from it," O'Connell said, "and I think he's got a good perspective on owning it, taking responsibility but also moving forward the right way."
O'Connell said Addison relayed his reasoning to the team – that his "dog was having an emergency at his residence," which State Patrol recorded in a citation for reckless driving.
"Things like that can't happen again regardless of what may have caused him to drive that fast," O'Connell said. "He's always been a guy through the whole draft process and getting to know him, his family and everything, I have 100% confidence in Jordan and that he's obviously going to have a great camp. But I still feel strongly about the type of person and player we added to our team."
The team is still internally discussing whether to punish Addison for the incident, according to Adofo-Mensah, who said he heard from Addison's family afterward. Addison apologized in a statement, saying he "used poor judgment."
"Obviously, he made a mistake," Adofo-Mensah said. "But what you see after the fact, from his representatives to his family, who reached out to me, this kid was raised right. He knows what he did was a mistake. Everybody in his life is aligned to make sure this was a one-time occurrence. We want to make sure we coach him up and know this is something that shouldn't happen and was serious, but we believe in Jordan and his future."
Addison, who suffered an injury in May rookie camp and didn't participate in spring practices, is expected to be a full participant during Wednesday's first training camp session, O'Connell said.
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-jordan-addison-speeding-justin-jefferson-contract-training-camp/600292317/

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Zanary" said:
I'm sorry...are people actually blaming this on Kwesi?

Really?

It's just fuggin' amazing, sometimes.  Truly.
First day on the board?  :p

Fair point, I forgot the inevitability of melodrama-mamas.
Can say the same thing about your post, seems kind of hypocritical.  
It's not.

I think it's a bad joke to equate taking issue with some overreacting posters on a sports board to said posters somehow dragging our GM for not having precognition, while largely ignoring the judgement/actions of a young man behaving poorly, and continuing to somehow ignore the magnificent progress the team made in both culture and win count under KAM.

Meanwhile, yes, on a single thread on this board, I alluded to the ridiculousness and didn't even name names.

The scales are nothing like even.

Swing and a miss.
It is..... you are judging others for having an opinion about Kwesi and Addison and claiming they are being overreactive and yet by far you are the most judgmental and overreactive poster on this thread by far.  And how big or you to not name names  :/ like somehow you are the ultimate ruler of this board.  Talk about ridiculousness.....
Wow, you like to put assumptions on me.

My "opinions" on some armchair GMs vs people insinuating career-defining takes regarding a real GM whose had positive effects on our team and a kid we've who's only barely shown up for his first training camp...?

Yep, absolute ridiculousness.  Block me after pointing on your Teddy Bridgewater doll where I hurt you.
You are the one making the assumptions, you are one judging everyone in this thread who does not agree with you. Hilarious you can't see how everything you say is so hypocritical.  And I will go ahead and block you, thanks for the suggestion.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Five days after police cited Vikings rookie receiver Jordan Addison for driving 140 miles per hour down Interstate 94, team brass stood by Addison's character.General manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell cited the team's pre-draft research into Addison's background, as well as the how the 21-year-old Addison and his network have responded to the incident, as reasons to feel confident in his future.
O'Connell said Addison spoke with him and Adofo-Mensah "multiple times" after he was stopped around 3:15 a.m. Thursday on eastbound I-94 in St. Paul.
"The big thing for me talking to Jordan was let's learn from it," O'Connell said, "and I think he's got a good perspective on owning it, taking responsibility but also moving forward the right way."
O'Connell said Addison relayed his reasoning to the team – that his "dog was having an emergency at his residence," which State Patrol recorded in a citation for reckless driving.
"Things like that can't happen again regardless of what may have caused him to drive that fast," O'Connell said. "He's always been a guy through the whole draft process and getting to know him, his family and everything, I have 100% confidence in Jordan and that he's obviously going to have a great camp. But I still feel strongly about the type of person and player we added to our team."
The team is still internally discussing whether to punish Addison for the incident, according to Adofo-Mensah, who said he heard from Addison's family afterward. Addison apologized in a statement, saying he "used poor judgment."
"Obviously, he made a mistake," Adofo-Mensah said. "But what you see after the fact, from his representatives to his family, who reached out to me, this kid was raised right. He knows what he did was a mistake. Everybody in his life is aligned to make sure this was a one-time occurrence. We want to make sure we coach him up and know this is something that shouldn't happen and was serious, but we believe in Jordan and his future."
Addison, who suffered an injury in May rookie camp and didn't participate in spring practices, is expected to be a full participant during Wednesday's first training camp session, O'Connell said.
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-jordan-addison-speeding-justin-jefferson-contract-training-camp/600292317/
Well I am glad he is "moving forward the right way" and not just quickly.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"Zanary" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Zanary" said:
I'm sorry...are people actually blaming this on Kwesi?

Really?

It's just fuggin' amazing, sometimes.  Truly.
First day on the board?  :p

Fair point, I forgot the inevitability of melodrama-mamas.
Can say the same thing about your post, seems kind of hypocritical.  
It's not.

I think it's a bad joke to equate taking issue with some overreacting posters on a sports board to said posters somehow dragging our GM for not having precognition, while largely ignoring the judgement/actions of a young man behaving poorly, and continuing to somehow ignore the magnificent progress the team made in both culture and win count under KAM.

Meanwhile, yes, on a single thread on this board, I alluded to the ridiculousness and didn't even name names.

The scales are nothing like even.

Swing and a miss.
It is..... you are judging others for having an opinion about Kwesi and Addison and claiming they are being overreactive and yet by far you are the most judgmental and overreactive poster on this thread by far.  And how big or you to not name names  :/ like somehow you are the ultimate ruler of this board.  Talk about ridiculousness.....
Wow, you like to put assumptions on me.

My "opinions" on some armchair GMs vs people insinuating career-defining takes regarding a real GM whose had positive effects on our team and a kid we've who's only barely shown up for his first training camp...?

Yep, absolute ridiculousness.  Block me after pointing on your Teddy Bridgewater doll where I hurt you.
You are the one making the assumptions, you are one judging everyone in this thread who does not agree with you. Hilarious you can't see how everything you say is so hypocritical.  And I will go ahead and block you, thanks for the suggestion.  
It's not about disagreeing, it's about jumping to ridiculous extreme judgements on a kid we haven't seen in a single game snap, and a GM who was somehow supposed to read minds and/or read the future in tea leaves.  Both are ridiculous, and indefensible; young men are prone to knee-jerk actions, and no GM is responsible for every action of every rookie they draft.

As I didn't name names, taking my comments personally was a choice made by...well, you, I guess.  Enjoy!