Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man oh Man...What a smorgasbord
Jaren Hall would be slated #2 just behind Williams in this Draft....... :p

Williams amd Maye would have been the top 2 QB's off the board this year. I like Ewers but he won't be draft eligible. Penix made Joel Klatt's top 10 draft prospects for 2024 recently and he's a Lamar Jackson type player. Outside of that there's not a whole lot that excites me off that list and the chances of the Vikings being bad enough to have a shot at Williams or Maye is slim to none. 

Ewers so far has been more ewww than performance.  Liked what I saw of Daniels (think DTR but farther along at his age than DTR was).  Rattler exploded down the stretch last year.   Still, with Hall already in the fold, I don't see the Vikings taking another QB in '24 unless it's a serious 1st round move. Another 3-5th round guy would just clutter up the room.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Ewers so far has been more ewww than performance.  Liked what I saw of Daniels (think DTR but farther along at his age than DTR was).  Rattler exploded down the stretch last year.   Still, with Hall already in the fold, I don't see the Vikings taking another QB in '24 unless it's a serious 1st round move. Another 3-5th round guy would just clutter up the room.
Totally agree w/ this. Adding another developmental QB makes no sense. OTOH, if they have a high first round pick & can add a QB w/ more potential than Hall then pull the trigger & don't look back. All they would have wasted is the 5th round pick that they used on Hall & the probability of any 5th round pick signing a second contract is less than 10%

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
@"RS Express" said:
Totally agree w/ this. Adding another developmental QB makes no sense. OTOH, if they have a high first round pick & can add a QB w/ more potential than Hall then pull the trigger & don't look back. All they would have wasted is the 5th round pick that they used on Hall & the probability of any 5th round pick signing a second contract is less than 10%
not me,  I am going to keep going to that well until I have all the water I need.  the refusal to continually draft the QB position is why we got in the situation we are in.  I dont care if we had taken a high round QB this year,  I would have followed it up with a mid to later round guy this year.  IMO you need 2 young guys in the developmental situation,  with hopefully 1 of them in the back up role.  if Hall cant fill at least the #2 role next year then he wasnt the right guy to begin with.  I dont want to see him thrust into a full time starting gig, but if he isnt ready to play some meaningful snaps after 1 full year of training,  then that IMO puts even more pressure on moving up and getting that blue chip prospect in the 24 draft.