Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL commissioner, players' union angrily denounce Trump
You saying the owners aren't making money off patriotism?    Why has the defense dept paid money for these Patriotic displays to the owners. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/4/96703...rt-million

Are you not aware of this.  You know what I find really disrespectful of the symbolism of the American Flag, the confederate flag.  How often do you see them displayed together on a vehicle or at a nascar event.  How patriotic is it to display a symbol of a regime that has killed Americans and tried to destroy America together.  

Patriotism is a personal thing how you do it shouldn't be demanded.  The guys taking the knee are protesting inequality in America, not the contributions of the military.  That's what is being marketed right now.  How and when has our President ever displayed any patriotic allegiance to this country unless there was something in it for him.  All his product and his families product line are made overseas.  His personal wealth, buildings and real estate are heavily leveraged to foreign nations.  I have a suspicion you have bought the ploy that "how" you display your patriotism makes you a better American than others who display it differently.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@Vanguard83 said:
I disagree.

but I don't tread on the flag doing it.
That's just IT, isn't it? 

I wore this country's uniform, and I agree with the 1st amendment, that they have "the right".  

But, is there NO OTHER WAY for these  guys (kneelers) to exercise their rights? 
Congrats, liberals.  This is the America, you wanted, and it's all over the airwaves tonight.  You wanted this "argument"... now you got it.
Good luck winning it.  Most of us, are not ashamed to be American. 

Just when I've about had enough of these ignorant prima-donnas winning the day, a MAN like Villanueva sucks me back in. 

[Image: DKgSm8sWAAEyzGD.jpg]

Go ahead, and exercise your right to question America. 

Just be prepared, to deal with the blow-back amongst those of us who don't.  
And if the POTUS made the "bold claim" to trigger that... sorry (?) he didn't draw first blood, on this topic.

Truth be told... I hope this is a pertinent issue, for years.   
Every issue we've argued, can be 'boiled down', to this. 

Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger and the only Pittsburgh Steeler seen standing during the national anthem on Sunday against the Chicago Bears, told reporters he “unintentionally” threw his teammates under the bus.
In a news conference on Monday, Villanueva said it was never part of the plan to be out on the field alone and that he accidentally ran too far, according to CBS Pittsburgh.
The team had agreed, at least at first, to stay in the tunnel during the anthem.
“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed.”
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/25/steelers-alejandro-villanueva-on-standing-for-anthem-made-my-teammates-looks-bad.html

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
You saying the owners aren't making money off patriotism?    Why has the defense dept paid money for these Patriotic displays to the owners. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/4/96703...rt-million

Are you not aware of this.  You know what I find really disrespectful of the symbolism of the American Flag, the confederate flag.  How often do you see them displayed together on a vehicle or at a nascar event.  How patriotic is it to display a symbol of a regime that has killed Americans and tried to destroy America together.  

Patriotism is a personal thing how you do it shouldn't be demanded.  The guys taking the knee are protesting inequality in America, not the contributions of the military.  That's what is being marketed right now.  How and when has our President ever displayed any patriotic allegiance to this country unless there was something in it for him.  All his product and his families product line are made overseas.  His personal wealth, buildings and real estate are heavily leveraged to foreign nations.  I have a suspicion you have bought the ploy that "how" you display your patriotism makes you a better American than others who display it differently.
The anthem is played at every sporting event that I attend and it has nothing to do with money.  Yes I know about the payed events and advertising,  so what, they are recruiting and buying prime exposure.

And don't pretend to know me,  you don't know shit about be.  I am not judging or grading any bodies patriotism,  I am showing my displeasure in their lack of respect shown to the flag and the anthem.

And they can say they aren't disrespecting the military,  but as we all know it's not necessarily the intent of the action as how it's perceived that matters.

And as far as trump,  I don't give a fuck about him as a person and and not overly fond of his actions as a president either so how is this pertinent to my comments?  

And for your issue with the confederate flag,  go take it up with somebody who is flying it ....