Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLN 2007 Vikings
2007 Viking vs Bears on TV.
What great memories. 
AD, Winfield, Williams Wall, Greenway, Leber.
Cedric Benson
Tommy Harris
Hester.
Wow

EJ Henderson just knocked their fullback unconscious before the half. Now that's a defense I miss. Screw the 3-4

Next game is 2007 Chargers. AD was special RB.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
EJ Henderson just knocked their fullback unconscious before the half. Now that's a defense I miss. Screw the 3-4
Players make the defense,  not the scheme, we dont have the players to make any scheme look good right now.

Every defensive scheme in the NFL has had success at one time or the other. Its the players that make or break it. Top rated D's in the NFL have run the 3-4. Minnesota fans are used to seeing a talented and pass rushing front four in a 4-3, that is the scheme that we're used to. Doesn't mean it can't work with a 3-4. 

Regardless of what scheme you run, if you don't generate a pass rush with today's rules favoring QBs, you are done. 

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
Next game is 2007 Chargers. AD was special RB.
No running back ran with more passion and violence than AD. No rings but Viking fans have enjoyed more than their fair share of generational offensive talents. 

AD had an amazing combination of speed and power. He had trouble with catching passes and fumbles at times. But the one weakness I could never figure out was his inability to pick up the blitz on passing downs.
He sure was fun to watch. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
EJ was a special player.  Loved watching him.  Erin, not so much.

I could have done without the Childress comments

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Every defensive scheme in the NFL has had success at one time or the other. Its the players that make or break it. Top rated D's in the NFL have run the 3-4. Minnesota fans are used to seeing a talented and pass rushing front four in a 4-3, that is the scheme that we're used to. Doesn't mean it can't work with a 3-4. 

Regardless of what scheme you run, if you don't generate a pass rush with today's rules favoring QBs, you are done. 
It's like having a wife you are attracted to for 30 years, then she comes home one day with a pixie haircut trying to be hip and cutting edge. You still love her (the team), but that doesn't mean you are happy with the change and certainly not what you are used to and what's worked over the course of your history. That's how I feel switching to this 3-4 shit. We are the Purple People Eaters for God sakes!