• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z wants out
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Riphawkins said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Riphawkins said:
Those with kids in their 20’s will recognize this. Rugrats was one of my favorite shows to watch with them. 
Smith: I want to be released

Angelica: And I want a pony. You can't always get what you want.
You learned it from the Rugrats. I learned it from the Rolling Stones!
It's a different age where nobody wants to honor the contract they signed. I hope they can come to some sort of compromise. But that's going to be difficult because of the salary cap. But I'm told the cap is a myth, so who knows?
What I learned from the Stones was, Sometimes you get what you need. Smith not being granted his release may be the best thing for him.

I just turned 60, so I know the Stones line well, it just wasn’t as funny as hearing Angelica say it. Lol

Contracts go both ways. Teams sign players fully aware of them not playing out that contract because it will cost to much in year 3 or 4. So, I don’t put this all on the players.

Agents however play that game. Sign a guy to a long term deal where payments escalate fully knowing they’ll never see then end of it. It makes the agent look good to his other and future clients. Eliminate that from the equation and players wouldn’t be upset about the deal they signed.
all I learned from the Stones was if there is a red door,  I will likely want to paint it black.
And,

Some girls give me children, I never asked them for
damn near learned that one the hard way my SR year,  and it wasnt from a song... some lotteries you dont want to win!
Sat what Dad?

Quote: @comet52 said:
I sit and watch as tears go by.

I don't know if that's the Stones or just every time I read this message board. :p :p

Poor, poor Z...
Well, now what can a poor boy doExcept to sing for a rock and roll band?
'Cause in sleepy London Town
There's just no place for street fighting man, no
B)