Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D.Cook
KOC tended to get way too cute on 3rd/4th and short.  Granted our short-yardage blocking wasn't great either, but going empty backfield in that situation completely takes the run option away giving the opposing D much less to worry about.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/Shane_McCue_/status/...Ky8BtiX-PA&s=19
I saw that last night. That's the kind of thing you might do if you want to force the team to release you. DC did not have a very good year last year, and I'm sure he knows that. This is his agent saying that it was not Cook's fault, that the problem was KOC. 

First time in His career he has played a complete season of games,  but he wasn't used enough/correctly?  Somebody tell his agent to STFU.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
First time in His career he has played a complete season of games,  but he wasn't used enough/correctly?  Somebody tell his agent to STFU.
It's all about the agent trying to work on the most leverage he can for the most money for the player...sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.  I say call his bluff and tell walk if you want to, this is as much we are willing to pay.

I think his workload was about right.  He's not really a bellcow back.  If you give him too many touches, he'll start getting dinged up and missing games.

That said, our running game wasn't quite right all season.  I didn't get the feeling that our running game was well integrated with our passing game.  It didn't seem like teams were on their heels much when we ran, it feels like we should have been able to pass to open up the run, and our success in passing never really translated to having success running.

It would be foolish to try and redo his deal (er., pay cut).  Look at the rookie backs last year. 

Kenneth Walker, Tyler Allgeier, Dameon Pierce, Isiah Pacheco, and Brian Robinson Jr all rushed for over 797 yards on less carries.

Maybe Chandler and Nwangu coould get a lot more yards if they had the chance.

If Kwesi truly believes in analytics then it is time to tell Dalvin ...

[Image: well-bye-bye.gif]

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/Shane_McCue_/status/...Ky8BtiX-PA&s=19
[Image: ps60t4no7t9z.jpeg]

Calling out the play caller who also happens to be the head coach, shrewd strategy dude!!! 
Wink