Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conrad Dobler RIP

Dobler was definitely unique. R.I.P.

didnt Page and Dobler get into it all the time?

Quote: @Chuckf said:
Who didn't Dobler get into with?

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@Chuckf said:
Considered by many the dirtiest player in the league at the time.

How much $$ does his ghost want to play RG?

Ive shared my story about Dobler here a few times

As a kid, I went to get his autograph & was told to “F off”

My dad equally crushed by that mans reponse to his ten year old son, sat me down and talked to me.

”Ned, I know how much you admire Dobler as a player, but there are BETTER qualities of a person to admire than just what you see on a football field, I want tou to think about that & what qualities are important to you.”

I lost my dad to cancer ten years ago - From that “Dobler” moment on, my pops was the man I admired, and I miss him every day....Dobler, not so much.

Quote: @Kentis said:
My condolences, & a special shout out to @Vanguard83

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-cardinals-lineman-conrad-dobler-dies-72-rcna70538
Thanks Kentis.  I never understood as a child why a man I looked up to, would do / say such a thing. But in retrospect, it got my priorities straightened out. Maybe I shouldnt hold a grudge, but it clearly opened my eyes and redefined who I admired.

Not the NFL player I saw on Sundays, but the man who got up every day, made breakfasts and our lunches, and worked his ass off for forty years to provide for his family.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@Chuckf said:
LMAO!   true.  I remember reading how Dobler was the ONE guy who would constantly get Bob Lilly and Merlin Olsen (2 of the nicest guys in the league) pissed off!   ha!

Read this in your best Dan Dierdorf voice.

When I played for the St. Louis football Cardinals, Conrad Dobler was the meanest guy I’d ever met, let alone played with.