Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glad the Vikings lost to the Giants...why?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@RS Express said:
@ThunderGod said:
i enjoyed the Eagles shilacing of the Giants after the media wanted them to beat us.

PS: I enjoyed the Bengals beating Buffalo and upsetting their predictions too
It's weird... I have nothing personal against the Bills but I am so sick of the media (started by Chris Berman) giving them verbal blow jobs for the last 30 years even though they were totally irrelevant for 20+ of them that every time they get to the playoffs I want them to die in flames just to watch the talking hairdos disappointment.  On the postgame show today Cowher started blathering about how Buffalo and their fans were just such wonderful. good, resilient people destined for sainthood that I wanted to punch him through my TV screen.  
This happens constantly with the media. They hammer the living piss out of everything so much, that you end up hating good things. The hyperbole is so utterly ridiculous. And Tony Romo is horrible on color play by play now, he's been exposed. He says that Josh Allen 'threw a perfect pass, just a bit wide'. lmao. What? The fluffing that goes on just takes me out of the action. The crew on CBS doing pregame and postgame are so f-ing old its stupid. Nate Burleson is the only one I can halfway tolerate. 
It is ridiculous!

Nobody over 80 should be in Congress, the Senate, the White House or a regular on a sports broadcast 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Watching the Eagles dismantle the Giants...it could have been, would have been a worse dismantling if it had been us.  And just as, if not more embarrassing.  

The loss accelerated the departure of _onatelle.  We all knew that needed to happen, and the sooner the better.  The early playoff loss is giving us a bit of a headstart on the search, although realistically the teams left have far better defenses, and aren't looking.
After watching how out-of-position and slow our D was against the Giants ('scuse me, all season), watching the Eagles D was like getting schooled.
And I also looked closely at the Eagles stable of running backs.  Short (but not little).  Stout.  Quick as hell.  I watched how all 5'6", 203 lbs of Boston Scott crouched behind his blockers and scooted through cracks.  But their collective quickness impressed me.  
The Vikings would have stood zero chance.
I did not like the way our season ended, but it was a heckuva 13-4 surprising run.  But this team is not ready for the next step.

What say you?
Before the game, I would have cursed this thought.  But after the loss, I agree.

The thing that sticks out to me about _onnatelle's scheme is that there wasn't one.  Or I should say his adjustments.  They don't exist.  Before the debacle against the Giants I had hope we could adjust and match up to the Eagles (I know, I am an eternal optimist).  But seeing how we were blown out in every rematch we had this year except for the Chicago "taking a dive" Bears, it seems our defense did nothing to adjust to the lessons we should have learned in the first meeting.  Nothing was done to stop the Giants middle of the field passing game.  I would love to say we were focused to stop the run, or focused on any other thing, but it just wasn't true.

And after his stupid comments in the week leading to the game, he should have been fired in the 1st quarter.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@RS Express said:
@ThunderGod said:
i enjoyed the Eagles shilacing of the Giants after the media wanted them to beat us.

PS: I enjoyed the Bengals beating Buffalo and upsetting their predictions too
It's weird... I have nothing personal against the Bills but I am so sick of the media (started by Chris Berman) giving them verbal blow jobs for the last 30 years even though they were totally irrelevant for 20+ of them that every time they get to the playoffs I want them to die in flames just to watch the talking hairdos disappointment.  On the postgame show today Cowher started blathering about how Buffalo and their fans were just such wonderful. good, resilient people destined for sainthood that I wanted to punch him through my TV screen.  
This happens constantly with the media. They hammer the living piss out of everything so much, that you end up hating good things. The hyperbole is so utterly ridiculous. And Tony Romo is horrible on color play by play now, he's been exposed. He says that Josh Allen 'threw a perfect pass, just a bit wide'. lmao. What? The fluffing that goes on just takes me out of the action. The crew on CBS doing pregame and postgame are so f-ing old its stupid. Nate Burleson is the only one I can halfway tolerate. 
It is ridiculous!

Nobody over 80 should be in Congress, the Senate, the White House or a regular on a sports broadcast 

or with an IQ under 80,  some of these ex players are dumb as posts when they try and talk about anything outside of football.

The funny thing is that CBS pre-game hosts are spring chickens compared to the walking corpses on FOX. Between Jimmy Johnson smackin his lips all the time like some ol' pappy, and Bradshaw pointing and laughing about the grits he forgot to butter in 1974. It's like some mid-stage Alzheimers therapy group with Menafee reminding everyone that there's football game being played today.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
The funny thing is that CBS pre-game hosts are spring chickens compared to the walking corpses on FOX. Between Jimmy Johnson smackin his lips all the time like some ol' pappy, and Bradshaw pointing and laughing about the grits he forgot to butter in 1974. It's like some mid-stage Alzheimers therapy group with Menafee reminding everyone that there's football game being played today.
You are dead on. I cant stand any of the pre game shows anymore. All the fake cutting up, laughing, pointing, knee slapping, has become unwatchable. And they just keep adding more people. It's like Fox just put Gronkowski up there and I don't need 8 different opinions on the game, with all of them fighting for air time. It's ridiculous

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
You are dead on. I cant stand any of the pre game shows anymore. All the fake cutting up, laughing, pointing, knee slapping, has become unwatchable. And they just keep adding more people. It's like Fox just put Gronkowski up there and I don't need 8 different opinions on the game, with all of them fighting for air time. It's ridiculous
Gronk's brain damage definitely gives him a head start. You're absolutely correct with your assessment of the choir of imbeciles these networks are assembling. As if there might a rational thought or comedic moment if they just get another battered body in the room.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Gronk's brain damage definitely gives him a head start. You're absolutely correct with your assessment of the choir of imbeciles these networks are assembling. As if there might a rational thought or comedic moment if they just get another battered body in the room.

That's why I never watch any of them. Over-inflated egos...all of em.