Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Seachickens
The refs only called illegal man downfield so many times because it was true.

I figure the SF staff had watched film and alerted the refs that the seachickens had a tendency to do that and they should watch for it. 
Once you put that in a refs head…

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
It's the same story every time we go into San Francisco. We have offensive line problems against their superior defense, and our defense gets manhandled by their running game and opportunistic passing game. If it happens....worst case matchup for the Vikings 
9ers are the best team in the league. 

There was someone, another Iowiegen, that was going to puke, loose it or something of the sort if the Vike's took a flyer on Purdy.  I didn't stick up for Brock, but certainly worth a flyer. Anyone want to fess up?

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
The refs only called illegal man downfield so many times because it was true.

I figure the SF staff had watched film and alerted the refs that the seachickens had a tendency to do that and they should watch for it. 
Once you put that in a refs head…
It wasnt what was called,  it what wasn't called,  the holding going uncalled against the niners was what caught my attention. 

Kinda crazy that 13-4 gets us the 3 seed.  Green Bay was the 1 last year with the same record.   Or maybe it's just typical Viking shit, I don't know.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Viking1987 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Refs are really helping the 9ers who really don't need help.
refs turned tide of the game. not impressed by 49ers
Oh I am,  they are as close to a complete team as there is in the game right now.   They have weaknesses,  but their coaching schemes well to prevent those from getting exposed very easily.  Weapons at every level on O,  and the ability to play both runs and pass well on D.

Looking past the giants, the Vikes beating the 9ers at home would be a monster upset IMO.  Right now I think the 9ers are the team to beat and its not really close. 
Agreed! This Viking team beating this niners team would be a bigger upset than the 87 team doing the deed in candlestick.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
I don't know how anyone thought that the Seasquawks were going to win this game. 
In division familiarity leads to upsets,  not sure how much of it was folks thinking it would happen as much as hoping it would happen. 
Yep, just hope on my part. See what that got me!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
I don't know how anyone thought that the Seasquawks were going to win this game. 
In division familiarity leads to upsets,  not sure how much of it was folks thinking it would happen as much as hoping it would happen. 
Yep, just hope on my part. See what that got me!  :p
Wheres that Burgess Meredith meme again?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
It's the same story every time we go into San Francisco. We have offensive line problems against their superior defense, and our defense gets manhandled by their running game and opportunistic passing game. If it happens....worst case matchup for the Vikings 
Exactly. Not only are the 49ers healthy, and the best team in football, they are a matchup nightmare for us. What they do well, we struggle to stop. Sure, it's possible Purdy turns back into a pumpkin at some point, but I don't see Donatell being the one who forces that. 

One thing I saw that a good DC might he able to work with is Purdys propensity to escape the pocket back and to the left and then try and set up and throw,  that may be the death of the kid as the hags got damn close to laying a pounding on him several times yesterday in exactly that situation.   I have not watched other games to see if that is a habit for him,  but many young QBs have a preferred escape route they look to first when pressured.