Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Rhodes...footnote
Annnnnd he's now on the Cowboy's PS.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Weird thread. Rhodes was the 6th DB drafted in 2013. He was a 1st team All Pro and a 3-time Pro Bowler. He's 32 years old now, and among the 7 DBs taken in the 1st round that year, he was the only one still playing in 2022. 
Except he’s not still playing. 
He got cut from a practice squad, so wasn’t doing much playing while in NY.

It’s ok for people to have opinions on former Vikings players.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:
Weird thread. Rhodes was the 6th DB drafted in 2013. He was a 1st team All Pro and a 3-time Pro Bowler. He's 32 years old now, and among the 7 DBs taken in the 1st round that year, he was the only one still playing in 2022. 

OK...of the 7 defensive backs who were drafted in the 1st round that year, Xavier Rhodes is the only one still on an NFL roster. That better? 

@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:

OK...of the 7 defensive backs who were drafted in the 1st round that year, Xavier Rhodes is the only one still on an NFL roster. That better? 
But he was cut! so he’s not on an NFL roster, unless someone just signed him.

@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:

My guy MB is awesome, but he's got some homer to him. Which I know he hates me saying!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:

My guy MB is awesome, but he's got some homer to him. Which I know he hates me saying!  :p

One-team fans tend to have zero perspective when it comes to their own players. And Viking fans are the worst. I know, we've earned the right to whine a little bit, but Jesus. 

Rhodes is a good example. We complain about how bad he was, likely without even realizing that he was, by far, the most successful DB taken in the 1st round that year. Among SEVEN. The 1st DB drafted didn't even make it to a 2nd contract.

It's not homerism. It's perspective. Context. The truth. 

@StickyBun said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:

One-team fans tend to have zero perspective when it comes to their own players. And Viking fans are the worst. I know, we've earned the right to whine a little bit, but Jesus. 

Rhodes is a good example. We complain about how bad he was, likely without even realizing that he was, by far, the most successful DB taken in the 1st round that year. Among SEVEN. The 1st DB drafted didn't even make it to a 2nd contract.

But, you do admit that he’s not on a team anymore, right?

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:
@MaroonBells said:

But, you do admit that he’s not on a team anymore, right?
Not that it's relevant to my point, but he was signed by the Cowboys hours after being released by the Bills.