Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Purdy
People around here laughed at me when I suggested him as a later round pick for us last year. Following the trajectory of stats, and the "it factor" some publications reported. Something told me this guy wasn't the bottom dweller most thought he was.  Kwesi and company were clearly not up to speed. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
People around here laughed at me when I suggested him as a later round pick for us last year. Following the trajectory of stats, and the "it factor" some publications reported. Something told me this guy wasn't the bottom dweller most thought he was.  Kwesi and company were clearly not up to speed. 
Well nobody but the 49ers were since he was Mr. Irrelevant. 

Making my point for me.

Kudos to you man, cuz he was definitely not on my radar.

But let's not give the 49ers too much credit here. They had three 6th rounders. None of which they used on Purdy. IOW, they were not overly concerned about him getting snatched up with one of the 40-odd picks in the 7th round. I think they just got lucky. The fuckers. 

We'll see how he does in the playoffs...and next season. But oh my...right now he looks very very good. God....I really, REALLY hope this is not some Tom Brady-like late round steal for the 49ers.  

Huge Iowa State fan.  I had no doubt he would succeed in the NFL.  

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Huge Iowa State fan.  I had no doubt he would succeed in the NFL.  
I have some family and friends that are huge ISU fans and aren't surprised by his success either. 

here in the Bay Area, he is now being crowned the franchise QB by many. and he may just be. Dude has been incredibly impressive. Trey Lance is losing his job as starting QB next year. Maybe we trade for him and keep grooohis talents? 

Cant help think of the movie Deliverance...

”You got a Purdy mouth”

Purdy Purdy Purdy good.....

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]