Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hoch
You let him walk. We need the extra picks and cap space. Let him be somebody else's injury concern and unfulfilled potential. 

With our cap space, we can't keep them all.  Let Smith walk and pay the guy that produces on the field other than the injured guy standing on the sideline.  Get a compensation pick and move on.

There’s a zero percent chance Smith will be back. 
But there’s also a zero percent chance NFL GMs have forgotten who Irv Smith, Jr. is. He’s going to get paid. The term will likely be short because of the injury risk—maybe 1 or 2 years—but judging from the tone of many on this board, I think y’all are gonna be surprised at how much money he gets. 

Don’t forget, he’s 24 years old. In other words, younger than Kenny Pickett, younger than Ty Chandler. NFL GMs are going to see him like another draft pick. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
But there’s also a zero percent chance NFL GMs have forgotten who Irv Smith, Jr. is. He’s going to get paid. The term will likely be short because of the injury risk—maybe 1 or 2 years—but judging from the tone of many on this board, I think y’all are gonna be surprised at how much money he gets. 

Don’t forget, he’s 24 years old. In other words, younger than Kenny Pickett, younger than Ty Chandler. NFL GMs are going to see him like another draft pick. 
A risky, unproven injury prone draft pick.  What does a 4-5th rounder get paid?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

A risky, unproven injury prone draft pick.  What does a 4-5th rounder get paid?
About a million per. I'll go with 10 times that and we'll see who's closer. :-)

The hock sure hasn’t played great today. Hopefully that changes and I get to eat a bunch of crow

Vikes don't get serious till down by 3 or more TD's...

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
The hock sure hasn’t played great today. Hopefully that changes and I get to eat a bunch of crow
He drops some balls. Nobody has really discussed it, but he does. He'll make a great catch and then he'll drop one. I like him as a player and in this offense but Detroit hasn't skipped a beat without him. In fact, their TE productivity over there is off the chart since he left. Goff is a machine in that Detroit offense.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
He drops some balls. Nobody has really discussed it, but he does. He'll make a great catch and then he'll drop one. I like him as a player and in this offense but Detroit hasn't skipped a beat without him. In fact, their TE productivity over there is off the chart since he left. Goff is a machine in that Detroit offense.
Everyone dropped balls yesterday. It was just that kind of game. Vikings couldn't pull out of the tailspin. 

Why is it that when JJ is covered, the only solution is TJ? Even my son commented on it. Sure enough, as soon as we start looking for KJO, we started moving the ball a bit.