Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, if you're KOC...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Rest guys who need it now period...Doesnt mean on the shelf till Jan, but it might mean fewer snaps/game the rest of the way. 

I would accelerate that plan if/when they lock up their final seeding. 
This.

Reduce snaps, reduce practice snaps.  But no pulling back the reins on the chance to win.

Being smart is probably the best option. If guys are banged up with soft tissue/muscle issues its best to hold them out so nothing progresses into a long-term injury. Bradbury is a good example of that. If it were the playoffs he likely would be out there competing. 

Getting the 2 seed is ideal since US Bank Stadium is such a big homefield advantage. If we get to week 18 and it is locked up I would treat is as a bye week and prepare for the playoffs. But the Vikings will likely need to win the next 2 to make that a possibility. 

So, JJ is close to getting 2,000 yds on the season. If he’s really close going into game 16/17, and you sit him, is it a dick move? Everyone seemed to think Zimmer not getting JJ his record last season was a slap in the face and a huge dick move.

How do you take that away from a guy even if you know the bigger picture is what’s important?

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
So, JJ is close to getting 2,000 yds on the season. If he’s really close going into game 16/17, and you sit him, is it a dick move? Everyone seemed to think Zimmer not getting JJ his record last season was a slap in the face and a huge dick move.

How do you take that away from a guy even if you know the bigger picture is what’s important?
I think KOC's made it pretty clear that it's team uber alles. I think he would sit him. Fans and media criticize everything without having to suffer the consequences of being wrong. And they often take both sides. 

For example, how much shit would KOC get if he played JJ and he suffered a severe injury in a meaningless game? A lot. And probably from the same asshats who would be bitching about the "dick move" if he sat him.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Riphawkins said:

I think KOC's made it pretty clear that it's team uber alles. I think he would sit him. Fans and media criticize everything without having to suffer the consequences of being wrong. And they often take both sides. 

For example, how much shit would KOC get if he played JJ and he suffered a severe injury in a meaningless game? A lot. And probably from the same asshats who would be bitching about the "dick move" if he sat him.
I agree, just wanted to see what people thought about it. It’s always team first. 
You’re correct that the same people would bitch either way.