Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little on the qb...
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Or the Colts were gassed?
While this may be true, the O line, specifically CD, was tired too. Hands on hips and sucking air at times. The pace of the last quarter and a half was pretty high.

I really wonder how much they recover before playing again Saturday. This would have been a nice time to play Sunday to give them an extra day.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@BigAl99 said:
Or the Colts were gassed?
While this may be true, the O line, specifically CD, was tired too. Hands on hips and sucking air at times. The pace of the last quarter and a half was pretty high.

I really wonder how much they recover before playing again Saturday. This would have been a nice time to play Sunday to give them an extra day.
he was fighting cramps as well,  a fair bit of the hands on hips was him trying to stretch out his legs between plays,  or at least keep from moving for a second or two to keep the cramps at bay.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I think they need to upgrade @ IOL more than they have. 

I'm not saying prioritize it at the expense of helping a bad D, but something has to improve there - and probably more than what another year of continuity will bring. 
I'd actually leave it alone. Getting Bradbury back will help and I'd do everything I could to keep the same five going into next season, with a healthy dose of competition for Ingram. Either way, he should improve a lot in year two. 

Bradbury is one of the top free agent centers next year, so you're not going to upgrade that way, and drafting someone is a shot in the dark. Could actually be a big downgrade if you're not careful. 

No, this is a be careful what you wish for type thing IMO. 
And I think Ingram has enough upside to keep growing in that spot as well.  Cleveland has been really good next to CD.

Our IOL is still bad,  very bad in fact,  they arent as bad as they were last year,  but IMO they are still a very large concern going forward.  There is no reason for Cleveland and Bradbury to still be having troubles between them,  but we see it about once a game or so where they leave a free rusher in that gap.  ONeil has looked a lot worse this year than what we have seen,  how much of that is due to playing next to Ingram?  I know there will be a learning curve for Ingram,  but his play from midseason to now has definitely shaken my early confidence that he may be the future at the position,  and while Bradbury is playing markedly better,  I still see to many time where he cant hold his ground 1 on 1,  and now with a back injury....  IMO IOL still needs to be an offseason focal point.

Give me another one of these to watch in my lifetime, please??

[Image: 20121003__120903_Hutchinson_Steve.jpg]

Another thing to note about the QB. He was forced to be aggressive the entire second half after being down 33-0. I see it as a sign he needs to be more aggressive period.