Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't blame em one bit...
Quote: @comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
honestly... I wouldnt have been surprised to see us an underdog in this one.  
We are a 1 point dog as of right now.
Well that changed fast,  what caused the 2 point swing so quickly?
NFL market moves are professional bettors taking a stance.  

An example-- take a sports bettor's analytics-based power ranking like this https://unabated.com/nfl/ratings.  Now add 1.5-2 pts for hfa and you get Lions in the -1 to -2 range, or where the market is right now.
I was listening to some "pro" sports gamblers and they said the HFA points are pretty much gone now in the spread calculations.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
honestly... I wouldnt have been surprised to see us an underdog in this one.  
We are a 1 point dog as of right now.
Well that changed fast,  what caused the 2 point swing so quickly?
NFL market moves are professional bettors taking a stance.  

An example-- take a sports bettor's analytics-based power ranking like this https://unabated.com/nfl/ratings.  Now add 1.5-2 pts for hfa and you get Lions in the -1 to -2 range, or where the market is right now.
I was listening to some "pro" sports gamblers and they said the HFA points are pretty much gone now in the spread calculations.
Depends on who you ask.  General consensus is that the traditional 3 for HFA is gone.  A lot of people are using a # in the 1-2 pt. range, some maybe less.  Some are more situational - US Bank stadium is worth more than SOFI with the Chargers at home, for example.  

"It's not who you play, it's when you play them." Right now Detroit is a team I'd put up against the best in the league. They just got Jameson Williams back too. I don't think he'll be much of a factor yet, but he could be a decoy element that frees up ARSB. Swift is healthy again. They might have the best young OL in the NFL. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 pt spread. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
"It's not who you play, it's when you play them." Right now Detroit is a team I'd put up against the best in the league. They just got Jameson Williams back too. I don't think he'll be much of a factor yet, but he could be a decoy element that frees up ARSB. Swift is healthy again. They might have the best young OL in the NFL. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 pt spread. 

Yah, its got "that" written all over it...

But it sure would be nice to go in and trounce them and walk away with the Division Title. 

Why shouldn't I expect that with a 10/2 team?

Right???

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/16...isIlJcJEXA&s=19
Yeah, don't care one iota about this. I know the younger Viking's fans get caught up in the disrespect drama. But having said that, I expect Minnesota to lose this game. 9 wins in a row and they are due. lol, just writing out '9 wins in a row is kind of mind blowingly good considering my expectation in preseason.

Vikes won't be able to keep up offensively in this game, IMO. I can see a 10-17 point loss. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Yeah, don't care one iota about this. I know the younger Viking's fans get caught up in the disrespect drama. But having said that, I expect Minnesota to lose this game. 9 wins in a row and they are due. lol, just writing out '9 wins in a row is kind of mind blowingly good considering my expectation in preseason.

Vikes won't be able to keep up offensively in this game, IMO. I can see a 10-17 point loss. 

We haven't won 9 in a row though...  It's been 2 in a row after the Cowboys loss (Pats and Jets).

The deciding factor in this game will be if we can pressure Goff. We didn't do a good job of that earlier this season and won it in the final minute. Our offense also took a nap for almost the entire first half before we got something going.

I think this will be another close game (aren't they all this season?  Lol).  Hopefully the Vikings are on the right side of it again.

Buncha Vikings showed up on the injury report listed with illness.  And the celebrated all star Jalen Reagor guaranteed victory.  It's all coming together!

Quote: @comet52 said:
Buncha Vikings showed up on the injury report listed with illness.  And the celebrated all star Jalen Reagor guaranteed victory.  It's all coming together!
Idiot. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:

We haven't won 9 in a row though...  It's been 2 in a row after the Cowboys loss (Pats and Jets).

The deciding factor in this game will be if we can pressure Goff. We didn't do a good job of that earlier this season and won it in the final minute. Our offense also took a nap for almost the entire first half before we got something going.

I think this will be another close game (aren't they all this season?  Lol).  Hopefully the Vikings are on the right side of it again.
In a bizarro world, I'm beginning to wonder if the Vikings aren't actually UNDERrated now. Lions can beat anyone. I'm convinced of that. Bills, 49ers, Chiefs, doesn't matter. They can hang with the best. 

But the Vikings just swept the Bills, Pats, Dolphins and Jets. They also just went 3-1 against the 4 best defenses in the NFL. The Lions defense is going to feel like sudden pavement after miles of washboard. We probably won't stop them, but they won't stop us either. Turnovers will win the game.