Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deion Sanders Is Reportedly Hiring Former NFL Head Coach Mike Zimmer
Mike Zimmer is reportedly joining Deion Sanders' staff as Colorado's new defensive coordinator.
[Image: AA13Cnu7.img?w=620&h=413&m=6&x=187&y=119&s=155&d=155]
DETROIT, MICHIGAN - DECEMBER 05: Head coach Mike Zimmer of the Minnesota Vikings looks on before the game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field on December 05, 2021 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Nic Antaya/Getty Images)© Provided by The Spun
Zimmer, a former NFL head coach, was on Sanders' Jackson State staff as an analyst this past season.
Quote:
Zimmer has a wealth of experience at the defensive coordinator position. He was DC for the Dallas Cowboys from 2000-06, the Atlanta Falcons in 2007 and the Cincinnati Bengals from 2008-13. He most recently served as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings from 2014-21.

Zimmer talked about working under Sanders after he was hired at Jackson State.
“He’s asked me about it a few times,” Zimmer said, per HBCU Gameday. “The pay’s not good. But I do love Deion, and I’d do anything for him. He can open up so many doors for these young men but I’m extremely impressed with the way he’s teaching them about life and not just football, and taking care of them, and talking to them about the real things that go on in the world and not the fluff stuff.”
Zimmer's last collegiate coaching job came when he was a defensive coordinator for the Washington State Cougars from 1989-93.

Yeah I saw that earlier. Hopefully it works out.

Tim Brewsters name is being bantered about too...

Not sure I can see Zimsu relating to these college kids all too well tbh...

[Image: goml-grumy-man-main-image.jpg]

sounds like a lot of BS on this one,  alabama DB coach is also reported to be heading to colorado to be the DC.

'The pay's not good'.... lmao. Wasn't he paid like $12 million recently to sit on his tractor at his ranch? Ol' Red Ass hasn't sniffed the college scene since 1993, so I'm sure he'll be very relatable. 

Sounds like the Alabama assistant got the DC job, but Zimmer could still join the staff in some capacity. 

College assistant is a big fall from NFL hc.