Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ getting triple teamed
Minnesota has to continue to use that to their advantage. The TD to Thielen was almost laugh out loud funny as he was wide open as JJ was more smothered than gravy on Grandma's dry ass turkey. The defense desperately needs back Tomlinson, Dantzler and Evans. But 9-2 sure does look great with a 5 game lead in the NFCN. They bounced back after that disgusting display against Dallas, so I'll take it happily. 10 days now to rest and play again at home. 

The team is flawed but somehow the hope is they fix things a bit for the playoffs. I'm not sure that will happen, but a guy can hope. 

Yeah, the defense isn't stout by any means, but it's much better with Dantzler and Tomlinson on the field.  We have a defense that relies on turnovers to get stops and when we aren't getting those, the results haven't been pretty.

I was telling some buddies going into this game, it's definitely going to be a game where we need to go to our secondary playmakers.  Belicheck was going to try to take away JJ as much as he could and stop Dalvin (our top two offensive playmakers) and we did that.  Thielen and Hock stepped up and even KJ had a couple impactful touches.

Nice win, team showed that grit we're used to seeing and we're another game closer to clinching the NFCN and a top seed.  Let's get healthy and keep it rolling. 

Gotta give the players and coaches credit for the bounce-back. I posted elsewhere that I think these guys just played 3 games in 12 days

Enjoy the ride, been a fun year 1 with this new invigorated team. 

At the very least fans can say the trajectory of the team is up (way up)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Gotta give the players and coaches credit for the bounce-back. I posted elsewhere that I think these guys just played 3 games in 12 days
....and 2-1 in those 3 games in 12 days. 

[Image: yes-nice.gif]

This game terrified me. No Darrisaw, Tomlinson out, and starting a practice squad corner because three of our top 4 corners were out. 

We got through it though. And hats off to Brandel, Shelley and the committee of Bullard, Blacklock and Lynch for playing fairly well in relief. Vikings came out focused and fired up for this one. Very impressed by that. 

Now we should get Darrisaw, Tomlinson and Evans back for the next game. 

Healthy players returning with a rest coming (Tomlinson, Evans, Darrisaw, Dantzler)

3 winnable favorable games at home (win all 3) vs Mike White, Matt Ryan, Danny Dimes
3 winnable games on the road (got to steal 2)

14-3 For the #1 seed we need the NFC east can beat itself up that the winner has 4 losses
-Want the Titans, Giants, and Dallas to beat Philly  
-Need the Cowboys to lose 1 to either Tenn or Washington 

Go Vikings, Go Titans!

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Healthy players returning with a rest coming (Tomlinson, Evans, Darrisaw, Dantzler)

3 winnable favorable games at home (win all 3) vs Mike White, Matt Ryan, Danny Dimes
3 winnable games on the road (got to steal 2)

14-3 For the #1 seed we need the NFC east can beat itself up that the winner has 4 losses
-Want the Titans, Giants, and Dallas to beat Philly  
-Need the Cowboys to lose 1 to either Tenn or Washington 

Go Vikings, Go Titans!
Woooeee, Skodin! I'll take it!

That is why the Hockenson trade was a smart move, teams are devoting so much attention to Jefferson, that we needed another player to take advantage of those mismatches. I heard a stat that Hockenson has had the most catches by any TE after their first 4 games with a team, which has really helped keep the offense moving. I do think that WR should be a priority during the offseason. Thielen is still good, but he's been more of a possession receiver this year and Osborn is a nice 3/4 WR, but it's hard for me to see him making the step up to WR2.