Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Vacation, on a Plane at noon
So, I decided last week that I wouldn’t try and watch the game on the plane while traveling to Mexico. This month marks 26 years for my wife and I being married. I had a heart attack in April. Seems like sometimes I just need to do other things that are more important than watch football.

So, I didn’t check scores at all, I figured I’d find out tonight. But, I’m sitting at the desk to check into our resort and my phone buzzes. There’s a message from an ex coworker, who is a Bears fan, and he asks, “You watching the Vikings game?”

Now, I figure he’s only asking so he can rub it in that they are losing or lost, or getting blown out.

I tell him no, “I’m on vacation in Mexico”

He says, “Kendrick’s just recovered a fumble in the endzone for a TD to set the Vikings up for the win”

Now I’m kind of interested. 
So, as we are finishing the check in process, my phone keeps going off and he’s giving me a play by play. Says, “Josh Allen is the difference for the Bills.” Then, “The Bills tied it up and is going to OT”

Then…….nothing.

So we get to our room and I shoot him a text and I’m like, “Dude! Don’t leave me hanging”

Takes him a while and he finally says, “Vikings kicked a FG, now it’s Buffalo’s turn”

Then, “Allen picked in the endzone, Vikings win!”

So, I had a celebratory margarita at the beach bar, sign into Wi-Fi and then while sitting on the beach sip my margarita and watch highlights that seem to all say, “Game of the year, decade, century”

And I missed it!

Glad you are having a good time. Congrats on the anniversary. Pros and cons to missing it, obviously your health but that game was unbelievable.

You may be glad you didn't watch it live unless you had your BP med with you.

Congrats on 26!!  

I also could not watch live because of family obligations.  Recorded and stayed away from all reports.  It was an unbelievable game -- full of emotional highs and lows.  I will watch again this week.