Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-bye schedule
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Get the running game on track.  That must be the plan, it helps the roll out game be more effective which is currently struggling and limiting big play opportunities.

I don't know if it is a scheme issue or a talent issue.  Dalvin, has looked for the most part, below average this year.  I don't see a lot of speed and he seems to go down easier than before.  I would love to see what Kene can do as a runner, similar to R. Mostart in Miami.  Great straight line speed, could be another weapon to add off the bench and change up the pace of the game.

More Kene and Mattison in the running game could help establish a stronger running game, stop the frequent 3 and outs, and open up the offense for more big plays.
ive had similar thoughts,  Dalvins burst seems to be a little off this year and is getting tripped up and leaving some yards on the field.  if he was a half step quicker he would have  been gone on at least 3 or 4 more long TD runs.  I dont know if Kenny has the vision of DC and if he would have hit the hole as quick,  but his top end speed should be enough to seal those deals if he does.  AM is a thumper,  i dont think he is going to break any more long TD runs than DC,  but he does seem to run through more arm tackles than DC and typically seems to end his runs going forward.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Get the running game on track.  That must be the plan, it helps the roll out game be more effective which is currently struggling and limiting big play opportunities.

I don't know if it is a scheme issue or a talent issue.  Dalvin, has looked for the most part, below average this year.  I don't see a lot of speed and he seems to go down easier than before.  I would love to see what Kene can do as a runner, similar to R. Mostart in Miami.  Great straight line speed, could be another weapon to add off the bench and change up the pace of the game.

More Kene and Mattison in the running game could help establish a stronger running game, stop the frequent 3 and outs, and open up the offense for more big plays.
I don't think Dalvin has lost a step. The move he made in Miami to break the 50 yarder (and the safety's ankles) was one for the ages. I think the problem is more likely schematic mistakes made by everyone--Kirk, the OL, Dalvin. But just guessing. 

I'd love to see more Kene, but I don't think you can use him as a traditional back. Even when I watched his college tape when he was drafted I was not impressed by his footwork and make-ya-miss. But the kid has speed for days. if they can find a way to get him special package snaps I think he could be scary. 

On a related note, I saw a stat the other day that argues heavily for taking the ball out even when it's kicked into the end zone (instead of taking the touchback). Vikings should consider this. Even if 4 outta 5 times you get the ball at the 15, and that 5th goes to the house, it's worth it.