Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck this shit
Gotta bank the wins while they can now - ugly or not I celebrate em. 

The back 1/2 of the season doesnt get any easier and they gotta finish @ Lamblow and Soldier Field 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"comet52" said:
Cam Dantzler saves Donatell's job for another week!  :p
I was thinking the same thing when Ed was giving Dantzler a big hug on the sidelines after the play...
I bet Donatell was too. This defense is so frustrating 

This is what I see after holding off the Bears...

[Image: 64cq6u0x1vn0.jpg]

seems our D has too many old guys in key d positions and not enough beef in the middle, and slow line backers who cant cover tight ends anymore. our new DC was given a plate of crap. we need a huge injection of young athletic dudes as LB’s and some serious beef in the middle. The D he wants to run does not have the personal yet. 

Quote: @"NorthernCalVike" said:
seems our D has too many old guys in key d positions and not enough beef in the middle, and slow line backers who cant cover tight ends anymore. our new DC was given a plate of crap. we need a huge injection of young athletic dudes as LB’s and some serious beef in the middle. The D he wants to run does not have the personal yet. 
And we traded away our 4 and 6 in next year's draft, and our '22 1st round pick may never start for us.  And we traded a conditional 5 that could be a 4 in the '24 draft too.   

Tomlinson is playing lights out at NT: can't say that for the other starters at DE in the 3-4. Guys are getting blocked on defense. Not enough of a pass rush. 

seems our D has too many old guys in key d positions and not enough beef in the middle, and slow line backers who cant cover tight ends anymore. our new DC was given a plate of crap. we need a huge injection of young athletic dudes as LB’s and some serious beef in the
 middle. The D he wants to run does not have the personal yet. 
I still contend its Donatell and his scheme that are crap. As I've mentioned, we've taken our two, most
 talented players on defense and put theme in a scheme that doesnt play to their strengths. We get relatively no push or resistance on the interior of our defensive line and the "creative" pressure the 3-4 is supposed to allow really hasnt come to fruition. It's basically Hunter or Zadarius get home or we don't get home at all. Running quarterbacks have been a nightmare for us to contain. 

The calling card of this franchise has always been four down lineman, hand in the dirt, and us dominating because our guys are better then yours. Purple People Eaters, Noga, Millard, Doleman, John Randle, Jared Allen, Everson Griffin, Brian Robison and the Williams Wall. I absolutely cringe watching this franchise switch to this 3-4 and trying to "out scheme" opposing offenses. It just seems wrong in every way possible 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
seems our D has too many old guys in key d positions and not enough beef in the middle, and slow line backers who cant cover tight ends anymore. our new DC was given a plate of crap. we need a huge injection of young athletic dudes as LB’s and some serious beef in the
 middle. The D he wants to run does not have the personal yet. 
I still contend its Donatell and his scheme that are crap. As I've mentioned, we've taken our two, most
 talented players on defense and put theme in a scheme that doesnt play to their strengths. We get relatively no push or resistance on the interior of our defensive line and the "creative" pressure the 3-4 is supposed to allow really hasnt come to fruition. It's basically Hunter or Zadarius get home or we don't get home at all. Running quarterbacks have been a nightmare for us to contain. 

The calling card of this franchise has always been four down lineman, hand in the dirt, and us dominating because our guys are better then yours. Purple People Eaters, Noga, Millard, Doleman, John Randle, Jared Allen, Everson Griffin, Brian Robison and the Williams Wall. I absolutely cringe watching this franchise switch to this 3-4 and trying to "out scheme" opposing offenses. It just seems wrong in every way possible 
IT may very well be personnel and scheme...

I dont know how players are grading ou? It would seem to me that Z, DH and Tomlinson are our best players over there. I like Hicks too.

Philips is serviceable, not a bad pick-up - does a lot of dirty work 

There are some aging vets that will need to get vetted out next season.