Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we good or bad team?
At the end of the day, it's 1 game in 17. There was a team last year who dropped three straight mid-season. One of which was a blowout loss worse than ours last night. That team won the Super Bowl. 

Our QB goes .500 every year.  We are at .500 right now and will be there come January.  There's no "new Kirk", I told you all summer long.  Last night you saw the same Kirk, the one you will see til the day he retires, the one drafted to be a backup who, when the lights are bright and the pressure is on, plays like a backup (or worse).

But purple hope springs eternal, doesn't it?

Quote: @"comet52" said:

Unfortunately.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
A good team. But Philly had our number last night. They played with more precision and intensity than I've seen in a long time. We couldn't match it. You can't get down early against a team like that, playing at home. Nearly impossible to come back. We had opportunities to make it close though. ISJ's drop and three turnovers in the red zone snuffed that out. 
Ghosts of 2017...

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Our QB goes .500 every year.  We are at .500 right now and will be there come January.  There's no "new Kirk", I told you all summer long.  Last night you saw the same Kirk, the one you will see til the day he retires, the one drafted to be a backup who, when the lights are bright and the pressure is on, plays like a backup (or worse).

It really is bizarre how his duds always seem to come in primetime. The team around him did Kirk no favors last night but even so, the guy looked like late stage Eli last night throwing dying quails around once there was pressure in his face. Not great. 

Special scorn goes to Irv Smith too. He had a couple nice moments but man. We’ve been waiting for the light to go on for him for 4 years now and I don’t know if it’s ever gonna happen. The backbreaking drop hurt but even aside from that it seemed like he could barely get open against Philly’s LBs. Disappointing. 

If you watched Detroit vs. Eagles the week before, there were no surprises of what they were going to do. Our defense performed about how I expected after the display against GB.  We were not nearly as dominant as we gave them credit, given GB had 2nd team tackles, and no WR's. They were still able to run fairly well.

Our defense is going to be a major problem. Tiny Dantzler should be looking for a job today. Our offensive play calling seems odd. We have a lot of weapons, and the coord. seems hellbent on using as few as he can. Becoming more and more obvious that Irv Smith was the wrong choice. Should have kept the manbun. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
If you watched Detroit vs. Eagles the week before, there were no surprises of what they were going to do. Our defense performed about how I expected after the display against GB.  We were not nearly as dominant as we gave them credit, given GB had 2nd team tackles, and no WR's. They were still able to run fairly well.

Our defense is going to be a major problem. Tiny Dantzler should be looking for a job today. Our offensive play calling seems odd. We have a lot of weapons, and the coord. seems hellbent on using as few as he can. Becoming more and more obvious that Irv Smith was the wrong choice. Should have kept the manbun. 
Agreed, Dantzler is a big liability. We'll just have to see over the season how much this D has improved vs being a bottom feeder in 21. 

I think Supa is spot on - Detroit is going to be a good litmus test. Two more evenly matched teams. 

Better get Cine ready, Bynum was in on every Philly highlight last night… 

8-9, medocre. Its what this core of players have  always  been. 

Both. They are still the Vikings. Capable of dominating a wounded but competitive team one week, then pissing down their leg the next.
Still plenty of time to get on track. But a loss to the Lions could send them into a tailspin. I don't expect that to happen, but they better be ready to play hard. Detroit won't likely be a pushover.