Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Best Bullet Dodges by Vikings in offseason:
1)  General Manager:  Bears Ryan Poles.  Now that we've seen the coaching staffs hired, the draft, FA and 2 weeks of games ... Fields just went 70 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT vs. the Packers.  Lions are better, Bears will struggle to win 5 more games this year.  

2) HC:  Nathaniel Hackett Broncos.  You bring in Russell Wilson and he goes 14/31 219 yds 1 TD 1 INT.  Last week on 4th and 5 you attempted a 64 yd FG but don't trust Russell Wilson to get 5 yards.  Bronco fans are already booing the crap out of them and it's Week 2.

Kwesi built a pretty stout roster:  gets Zadarius, a sneaky elite FA signing, fires both QB's, trades for Mullens.  KOC has JJ lined up at X, Z and the slot.  Torches GB defense, knows how to use his best player to create mismatches everywhere.  

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think the Vikings walked out with the #1 GM and #1 HC this offseason ...

Agreed. As comparisons in your post, I 100% agree. KAM > Poles and KOC > Buddy Hackett. 

And you are never sure how they'll work out, but listening to Poles in his initial presser it was amateur hour. And Hackett has already lost his team a football game directly. 

Will also agree, but want to note that the Vikings were probably the best situation for an incoming coach and GM.

I think its too early to say - I think the Bears were doomed this year w/out Poles. Hackett is looking bad, I'll grant you that. Wilson was going to be a boon or bust for them and has been bust so far. But long season. 

I will give KAM/KOC a positive nod for realizing that they inherited a good roster that needed a few pieces and new direction vs a tear-down. That would have been a shame. 

I still have no idea if the Vikings finish with 9, 10, 11 wins. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I think its too early to say - I think the Bears were doomed this year w/out Poles. Hackett is looking bad, I'll grant you that. Wilson was going to be a boon or bust for them and has been bust so far. But long season. 

I will give KAM/KOC a positive nod for realizing that they inherited a good roster that needed a few pieces and new direction vs a tear-down. That would have been a shame. 

I still have no idea if the Vikings finish with 9, 10, 11 wins. 
[Image: one-hundred-percent-agent-john-hartley.gif]

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Will also agree, but want to note that the Vikings were probably the best situation for an incoming coach and GM.
I think the Bronco's were over the Vikings...If only because of their defense vs ours. 

On the outside looking in, they were reminiscent of 09 Vikings to me. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
I think the Bronco's were over the Vikings...If only because of their defense vs ours. 

On the outside looking in, they were reminiscent of 09 Vikings to me. 
True.  Glad the turned that around into what is starting to look like a dumpster fire.

The one big issue...
[Image: proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypte...9437d01fd8]

I would add Harbaugh and put him at the top of the list, KOC is such a great fit and think Harbaugh would have been a complete disaster for this team.