Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newman wasn't impressed
Quote: @"SkolVikings44" said:
Something that I think rarely works in Sports is when one thing doesn’t work, go to the complete opposite. I hope everything improves leaps and bounds, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the team continues to lose close games. They’ve apparently gone from one extreme to the other. The comment in the article that gets me is at the Thielen quote about waiting to be cursed out and now they don’t have that after something goes wrong. It states that the team should handle adversity better now. Hopefully players can leave a mistake behind and make the play the next time, but maybe they actually won’t be ready to handle the heat because it’s been a little too rainbows, sunshine, and happiness.
Kwesi and Kevin seem so laid back. What if they didn’t prepare the team enough? I think I’m in the minority, but I don’t like how easy it was for them to not play the starters this preseason when the whole offense and defense are completely different schemes. The Bills played Josh Allen. I understand wanting to come out preseason health, but If Allen can go out, why can’t the Vikings do the same?

End of the negative rant. I apologize. 
Definitely a legit argument. Like I've said before, I see both sides. But keep in mind that Allen is the exception. Most teams sat their key starters.

And we all know that if one of JJ, Kirk, Hunter or Dalvin were to go down, all holy hellfire would break loose in the criticism of the coaches for playing their starters in meaningless games. 

It is clear the satan comment came from Adam Zimmer.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"SkolVikings44" said:
Something that I think rarely works in Sports is when one thing doesn’t work, go to the complete opposite. I hope everything improves leaps and bounds, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the team continues to lose close games. They’ve apparently gone from one extreme to the other. The comment in the article that gets me is at the Thielen quote about waiting to be cursed out and now they don’t have that after something goes wrong. It states that the team should handle adversity better now. Hopefully players can leave a mistake behind and make the play the next time, but maybe they actually won’t be ready to handle the heat because it’s been a little too rainbows, sunshine, and happiness.
Kwesi and Kevin seem so laid back. What if they didn’t prepare the team enough? I think I’m in the minority, but I don’t like how easy it was for them to not play the starters this preseason when the whole offense and defense are completely different schemes. The Bills played Josh Allen. I understand wanting to come out preseason health, but If Allen can go out, why can’t the Vikings do the same?

Definitely a legit argument. Like I've said before, I see both sides. But keep in mind that Allen is the exception. Most teams sat their key starters.

And we all know that if one of JJ, Kirk, Hunter or Dalvin were to go down, all holy hellfire would break loose in the criticism of the coaches for playing their starters in meaningless games. 
I remember Jason Sehorn blowing his knee out during a preseason game after he convinced the coaching staff to let him return punts...he wasn't near what he used to be after he returned from that knee injury.

Quote: @"SkolVikings44" said:

Teams usually zig-zag on their coaching hires.  Tough guy/nice guy, offense/defense.  KOC is the flavor of the moment, from the Sean McVay tree, and Kwesi is the analytics whiz kid.  

All bullshit aside they will be judged on wins and losses and unless the Wilfs fall asleep at the wheel yet again, they won't get the 8-10 years that Mike and Rick got to make it work.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Norv Turner resigned as offensive coordinator in the middle of a season when we were 5-2 and in first place. He may have said he respected Zim when leaving, but if true he wouldn’t have been going. 
If I were to guess, Norv is the origin of the “Satan” comment. Based on the totality of what we’ve learned since his firing, the sentiment seems to be held by many. 
I think Norv is to classy for that this kind of shit,  he may have thought it,,  but i dont think he says it to anyone that would leak it.My money is still on defillipo.
I agree that its Flip for sure. Him yelling at him on the sidelines to run the f'n ball... Could you imagine him behind the scenes 

[Image: e2ld1rk44o2h.png]