Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know who quietly looked really, really good vs Packers?
LT Darrisaw.

I almost forgot he had to get that surgery after the draft and had to play all last year hurt.  He looks more fluid and athletic now, really has great feet to recover to the inside moves.  Pass pro on that blind side looks much improved.  

Yep, he did. Some fans might not realize this is a young line. The oldest is Bradbury and he just turned 27 years old. Darrisaw continues to get better. His natural ability is coming out. He's playing feistier than his rep coming out of college. This guy wasn't bad Sunday either:

https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/stat...0944020481

This offense is so close to being a top 3 offense if the middle of the OL develops.  Those tackles are going to be stalwarts for years.  Weapons galore and a bright offensive mind.

Irv, Kene, Reagor didn't even touch the ball on Sunday and we looked damn good.  Those 3 are cherries on top

it's a dangerous team if the that middle OL can be NFL average.  Yes, NFL average C and G play would be a major upgrade over previous years.

Quote: @Skodin said:
This offense is so close to being a top 3 offense if the middle of the OL develops.  Those tackles are going to be stalwarts for years.  Weapons galore and a bright offensive mind.

Irv, Kene, Reagor didn't even touch the ball on Sunday and we looked damn good.  Those 3 are cherries on top

it's a dangerous team if the that middle OL can be NFL average.  Yes, NFL average C and G play would be a major upgrade over previous years.
i think we saw average on Sunday,   we need them to be better if Kirk is going to continue to stand in there and make those throws,  they cant let him take more than a couple hits a game or IMO he is going to revert back to the sloppy mechanics we have seen in the past when he isnt comfortable.  the success of sunday IMO made him stand tall, but in games where its not coming as easy those shots tend to sting a bit more and have an accumulative effect.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

i think we saw average on Sunday,   we need them to be better if Kirk is going to continue to stand in there and make those throws,  they cant let him take more than a couple hits a game or IMO he is going to revert back to the sloppy mechanics we have seen in the past when he isnt comfortable.  the success of sunday IMO made him stand tall, but in games where its not coming as easy those shots tend to sting a bit more and have an accumulative effect.
agreed. KC took 8 hits. too many but he has been remarkably healthy in his career. 

Reagor/JJ gets all of the press but the Leatherwood pick by LV could end up being just as big for us.

Better to be lucky than good and it’s best of all to be both, which I’d say in these two instances we were. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
LT Darrisaw.

I almost forgot he had to get that surgery after the draft and had to play all last year hurt.  He looks more fluid and athletic now, really has great feet to recover to the inside moves.  Pass pro on that blind side looks much improved.  
Darrisaw was solid. I'm guessing Bradbury moves on after this year, but if the Vikings can keep the other 4 together, the continuity for that group as they start stacking seasons together should payoff nicely. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:
LT Darrisaw.

Darrisaw was solid. I'm guessing Bradbury moves on after this year, but if the Vikings can keep the other 4 together, the continuity for that group as they start stacking seasons together should payoff nicely. 
Yep, some lucky vet center FA is going to like coming to Minnesota in 2023. Doesn't need to be a world beater, just decent. Don't need to break the bank for one, either.