Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Viking's team is going to block some punts this year...
Very close to doing so on Sunday. Special teams was very solid. Kicker, very good. Punting: 46.4 average with a 56 yarder in there. 3 dropped inside the 20. Holds for the kicker were excellent. I don't know what the hell has gotten into Joseph, but keep it going on tap in the locker room. Mentally he seems transformed and he's maximizing his leg strength. 

Joseph's improvement might be due to positive reinforcement from coaching staff. 

I liked the Joseph signing last year.  He sort of makes up for losing Carlson, young and very solid.

Quote: @greediron said:
I liked the Joseph signing last year.  He sort of makes up for losing Carlson, young and very solid.
Yep. Joseph is 6 months older than Carlson. 

I love the aggressive nature of the special teams. Don't recall seeing much of that on the Vikings since the days of Bud Grant. The Vikings special team unit is a strength instead of a weakness. They are going to have a great season.

Was a pleasure to watch special teams. Reagor was the right move as well. they will jave their bumps im sure, but they sure looked smooth Sunday 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Joseph's improvement might be due to positive reinforcement from coaching staff. 
I think that is a lot of it  But also the entire team seems to be playing loose so far.  The pressure not to screw up seems to be gone and guys aren't thinking about their assignments as much and just flying to the ball to make plays, its carrying over to special teams as well.  What can you say about Wright, his punts are getting some serious hangtime.

All this without even mentioning Fast Kenny. He didn't do much on Sunday, but you can bet he's going to house a couple more this year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
All this without even mentioning Fast Kenny. He didn't do much on Sunday, but you can bet he's going to house a couple more this year. 
Love Kene on the road.  Both KR's last year were on the road.  If he can play well, it gets the offense started right in tough road environments.  

I hope he gets a couple of chances Monday night.