Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Ed flexing his muscles at RG

If it wasn't for Ingram winning the Starting RG role, the impact this draft class will have on this season is looking questionable. I know Safety and CB take time to develop, but I thought Cine would be ready start, and Booth Jr. would also be able to carve out a situational role. Bynum was never really challenged by Cine, and Booth Jr. was wildly inconsistent in the preseason. I hope I'm wrong and that they just need more time.  

Quote: @TBro said:
If it wasn't for Ingram winning the Starting RG role, the impact this draft class will have on this season is looking questionable. I know Safety and CB take time to develop, but I thought Cine would be ready start, and Booth Jr. would also be able to carve out a situational role. Bynum was never really challenged by Cine, and Booth Jr. was wildly inconsistent in the preseason. I hope I'm wrong and that they just need more time.  
Bynum just turned 24 and he's had some good moments, so this doesn't surprise me that he's starting over Cine. I think drafting Cine is to replace Harrison Smith ultimately, IMO. Smith will be 34 at the end of this season. You're going to see his physical abilities kind of fall off the table and he might not be a Viking after next season. I didn't agree with resigning Smith the way they did, the dead cap money is gross the following two seasons. 

This team is veteran and fairly talented, you shouldn't have too many rookies starting.