Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that give you pause...

Dantzler and P2 as our starting corners
Depth everywhere
Center
Interior DL
Health of Z and DH

How to keep 2 safeties deep vs GB and stop the run?

Not being able to see that Bradbury can't pass block and giving Mannion time in the preseason would be a waste of time gives me pause. There was glaring evidence on tape, yet no legitimate alternatives were explored until Mullins was brought in.  I hope the front office had better insight and evaluation of the rest of the roster.
Truth is, it will likely come down to the defense again this year. They better be able to stop the run right out of the gate or they will find themselves in trouble.
For the most part, I'm happy with the changes and looking forward to see what they can do.

I have no illusions that our defense is going to shut Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones down. I know some have mentioned hitting the unders on game one which does make sense— if you think GB is going to win. IMO for the Vikings to win, it’ll be because Dalvin and JJ and Kirk made it so, rather than a defensive scrum. 

whats the deal with our kickoff return alignment?

got a big friggin’ crop circle on half the field

Its hard to know much as we haven’t even seen the team play yet.
The depth is thin in key areas no margin for error.

New coaching and playcalling isn't gonna off-set the weakness @ Center.   

An entire FO and Coaching change has made by the Organization,   and ALL of these players are in the same spot they were a year ago. 

Davis
Mond
Surratt
Bradbury
ISJ
Bisi

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Depth everywhere
Center
Interior DL
Health of Z and DH

Dantzler and P2 as our starting corners - League average, but I'd say the next tier (Booth, Evans, Sullivan) is above average. Like you, I'm more concerned about P2 than most people seem to be.
Depth everywhere - Meh. About the same as most teams. Better in some areas. But where we are a good measure worse is DL and QB depth, and that showed up big in the preseason games. Super relieved we brought in Mullens.
Center - Yep. We'll see what he looks like in the new offense. A little better I suspect. But much more encouraged by Schlottmann than I was just a month ago.
Interior DL - The whole DL. I like the starters, but our depth on the DL isn't up to speed. One of Phillips, Watts or Tomlinson gets hurt and we bring in people like McGill, Lynch and Bullard. I know folks are excited about McGill, but he's been on 13 teams for a reason. 
Health of Z and DH - Health of everyone. IMO, those two are no more or less likely to get hurt than anyone else. 
How to keep 2 safeties deep vs GB and stop the run? Bring in a 3rd. Big nickel. Two young safeties with fresh legs deep and Dirty Harry playing mind games with Rodgers. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Depth everywhere
Center
Interior DL
Health of Z and DH

Dantzler and P2 as our starting corners - League average, but I'd say the next tier (Booth, Evans, Sullivan) is above average. Like you, I'm more concerned about P2 than most people seem to be.
Depth everywhere - Meh. About the same as most teams. Better in some areas. But where we are a good measure worse is DL and QB depth, and that showed up big in the preseason games. Super relieved we brought in Mullens.
Center - Yep. We'll see what he looks like in the new offense. A little better I suspect. But much more encouraged by Schlottmann than I was just a month ago.
Interior DL - The whole DL. I like the starters, but our depth on the DL isn't up to speed. One of Phillips, Watts or Tomlinson gets hurt and we bring in people like McGill, Lynch and Bullard. I know folks are excited about McGill, but he's been on 13 teams for a reason. 
Health of Z and DH - Health of everyone. IMO, those two are no more or less likely to get hurt than anyone else. 
How to keep 2 safeties deep vs GB and stop the run? Bring in a 3rd. Big nickel. Two young safeties with fresh legs deep and Dirty Harry playing mind games with Rodgers. 
I like it and thats probably the scenario where were heard about the 3 S look in training camp...

3/4 D may actually be a better scheme for this era of NFL ball vs 4/3, Course it all depends on personnel