Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base D 3-4 or 4-3
Going through the season what base D do the vikings see more often.  And given that we are trying to set a base 3-4 will that improve our play against Teams like GB, Balt. that use 3-4 as their base.

I THINK you'll see a 3-4 base mostly. You'll see those OLBs standing up and rushing the passer. With Smith now, the team has the horsepower to run this D very well IMO. Tomlinson gives you that big body at NT. I think we're going to see a bit of Jaylen Twyman this year situationally at nose also...he's a powerhouse. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I THINK you'll see a 3-4 base mostly. You'll see those OLBs standing up and rushing the passer. With Smith now, the team has the horsepower to run this D very well IMO. Tomlinson gives you that big body at NT. I think we're going to see a bit of Jaylen Twyman this year situationally at nose also...he's a powerhouse. 
Don't forget Phillips. I think we see him at nose quite a bit too.

But I think Akvike's question was more about what 3-4 defenses the Vikings offense will see this year and will practicing against a 3-4 every day help them against those teams?

yes will this help them attack the same D as theywill be practicing against on a more frequent basis.  Or is it a wash since you have to change weekly because of oppts faced