Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: LeBron James a billionaire
Quote: @dadevike said:
I knew when the news came out about LeBron being a billionaire that it was going to generate a lot of comments from certain people and I knew a lot of those people are Vikings fans. I suspect that if the news had been that Bird had become a billionaire . . . there would be no problem. If only he would just "shut up and dribble."
That is an awful an unfair comment to make.  LeBron comes across as pretty arrogant and narcissistic person (King James???) and many people would perceive him that way whether he was purple, blue or pink.  Not a lot of people love Bird either, so you would not have gotten glowing comments about him either.  

I knew when the news came out about LeBron being a billionaire that it was going to generate a lot of comments from certain people and I knew a lot of those people are Vikings fans. I suspect that if the news had been that Bird had become a billionaire . . . there would be no problem. If only he would just "shut up and dribble."
Yeah I remember that comment. It definitely showed some elitist attitude. I am glad he is using his platform to make a difference.

And those same people have said nothing about the success of of magic, Shaq, or  others,   maybe Le whiner is just not cut of the same elite cloth.   Its not a race thing,  he is just over rated imo.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Pretty impressive for getting drafted when he was 18. In addition to his achievements on the court, he does a lot of great work off the court.
Umm, no. Biggest douche in all of sports and society.  While complimenting him, please explain your views in light of his support for China and their humans rights abuses.  Geesus H.  

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
Pretty impressive for getting drafted when he was 18. In addition to his achievements on the court, he does a lot of great work off the court.
Umm, no. Biggest douche in all of sports and society.  While complimenting him, please explain your views in light of his support for China and their humans rights abuses.  Geesus H.  
Not even close. I disagree with his comments on China. That was wrong. The NBA is hypocritical in relationship to China. I was talking about his charity work at home. He is making a difference where he grew up. His foundation works in community development, education and housing. A lot of kids are benefiting from his donations. Enes Kanter has spoken out about China as well as Turkey. I respect and appreciate that. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
Not even close. I disagree with his comments on China. That was wrong. The NBA is hypocritical in relationship to China. I was talking about his charity work at home. He is making a difference where he grew up. His foundation works in community development, education and housing. A lot of kids are benefiting from his donations. Enes Kanter has spoken out about China as well as Turkey. I respect and appreciate that. 
Well, then there are the constant racial dog whistles by pre-blaming cops every time a situation comes about and inciting destruction within our own country.  The police stop a girl from killing another girl with a knife, and Lebron instantly blames the police and infers that they’re racist.  That has become a pattern with him and is as phony as his constant flopping and whining on the court.  He's also abandoned his home-town on two occasions.  He only came back a second time because he was safe to do so having already won the title by stacking a team in a sport with five players on the floor at any given time. He blasted Kyle Rittenhouse (a form of bullying by status) without knowing any facts from the trial and tried to incite those who follow him and look up to him.  He's an irresponsible and under-informed billionaire where the bad far outweighs the good.  He chooses divisiveness in a world that needs him to be a force for unity.  People like Shaq and Barkley are far easier and charismatic role models to bring us together.  LeBron to me is everything that is wrong with today's superstar generation of player.  A person like him causes much more harm to society than good. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Waterboy said:
@Vikergirl said:
Well, then there are the constant racial dog whistles by pre-blaming cops every time a situation comes about and inciting destruction within our own country.  The police stop a girl from killing another girl with a knife, and Lebron instantly blames the police and infers that their racist.  That has become a pattern with him and is as phony as his constant flopping and whining on the court.  He's also abandoned his home-town on two occasions.  He only came back a second time because he was safe to do so having already won the title by stacking a team in a sport with five players on the floor at any given time. He blasted Kyle Rittenhouse (a form of bullying by status) without knowing any facts from the trial and tried to incite those who follow him and look up to him.  He's an irresponsible and under-informed billionaire where the bad far outweighs the good.  He chooses divisiveness in a world that needs him to be a force for unity.  People like Shaq and Barkley are far easier and charismatic role models to bring us together.  LeBron to me is everything that is wrong with today's superstar generation of player.  A person like him causes much more harm to society than good. 
Absolutely hit the nail on the head. It's why I said he's the poster boy for woke athletes nationwide. Talking out his ass without knowing the facts of anything just to push his false political narrative. It's a joke. Nevermind that he's always been just a gun for hire looking for the easiest route to a title. He will NEVER be on the same level as Jordan