Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my favorite Vikings of all time...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
First Viking jersey I ever bought (had some Viking T-shirts, but no jerseys) was #81 Anthony Carter. An actual full sized jersey. People forget that Carter signed with the Miami Dolphins coming out of the USFL and they traded his rights to the Vikings without having played one game for them.
Remarkable Mike Lynn was able to get:

Keith Millard
Anthony Carter
Gary Zimmerman

When the USFL folded.  What a haul! 
To bad he hadn't been able to land Herschel Walker at that time,  would have saved a ton of grief a few years later for the fans

True, jimmy, then after a couple seasons the Vikes could've traded him to Dallas and "Herschel'd" the Cowpukes. B)

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
First Viking jersey I ever bought (had some Viking T-shirts, but no jerseys) was #81 Anthony Carter. An actual full sized jersey. People forget that Carter signed with the Miami Dolphins coming out of the USFL and they traded his rights to the Vikings without having played one game for them.

Keith Millard
Anthony Carter
Gary Zimmerman

and 
David Howard
Wymon Henderson
Dave Huffman 
(although Huffman and Millard were Viking draft picks)
Yup...

And of all the names and stars? I would put Zimmerman #1 on that list

What an OT - maybe the best we've ever had at the position. 

Supreme technician

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Keith Millard
Anthony Carter
Gary Zimmerman

At the time I didn't quite realize what a theft that really was. I can't quite remember how it was done, but I don't think we even needed to use draft picks. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

Keith Millard
Anthony Carter
Gary Zimmerman

At the time I didn't quite realize what a theft that really was. I can't quite remember how it was done, but I don't think we even needed to use draft picks. 
they gave two 2nd round picks in the 86 draft. Robbery.