Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time I've taken time to listen to KOC
Until this morning, I honestly haven't heard more than a 10 second soundbyte from O'Connell....I just haven't searched it out. Did so earlier today: I like his demeanor. He's taken some very good things away from his time with McVay, I guarantee that. I like how he explains things. He adds a lot of color to reporter questions. I've also listened to some player interviews and it seems Wes Phillips is going to be more than just a figurehead. They mention him positively. Interesting staff overall.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Until this morning, I honestly haven't heard more than a 10 second soundbyte from O'Connell....I just haven't searched it out. Did so earlier today: I like his demeanor. He's taken some very good things away from his time with McVay, I guarantee that. I like how he explains things. He adds a lot of color to reporter questions. I've also listened to some player interviews and it seems Wes Phillips is going to be more than just a figurehead. They mention him positively. Interesting staff overall.

Yeah, in today's world where everyone gets their feelings hurt over mean stuff.  KOC is probably the kind of coach you want.  I have no idea if his results will be good but after 8 years of Zimmer being a fuddy duddy I can see why they went this direction.