Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who are going to be the 3 starters on the DL?
Running the 3-4 this year, do we know who'll be starting on the line? I haven't really read anything that talks about this. 

I think if there were a game tomorrow, they would line up like this. But training camp could change a few things...

Tomlinson - Phillips - Watts
Hunter - Kendricks - Hicks - Z

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think if there were a game tomorrow, they would line up like this. But training camp could change a few things...

Tomlinson - Phillips - Watts
Hunter - Kendricks - Hicks - Z
I'm intrigued with Watts as a DE in a 3-4. People forget the guy is 6'5". Perfect size for that spot, which you want a smidge of pass rush ability but big enough to anchor and play the run well. 

I hope Phillips can man the middle well...Passing on Davis made my heart sink

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Same. I'm not sure how much of an "improvement" Phillips is to Pierce outside of an availability standpoint. I think if I was choosing between the two strictly on talent, I'd take Pierce. 

But yeah it should be Watts, Phillips, and Tomlinson as our base 3 with Lynch and Twyman probably getting reps on passing downs 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
Same. I'm not sure how much of an "improvement" Phillips is to Pierce outside of an availability standpoint. I think if I was choosing between the two strictly on talent, I'd take Pierce. 

But yeah it should be Watts, Phillips, and Tomlinson as our base 3 with Lynch and Twyman probably getting reps on passing downs 
There's also a cap savings in signing Phillips vs. retaining Pierce.

Anyone worried about Hunter in the 3-4? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Worried? No. But I do think there's a chance he proves to be a better 43 DE than a 34 OLB. What will help him is having a pass rushing maniac on the other side. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Of course.  If he only plays a handful of games it'll be a problem.