Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest since 1969
It's like if there was just some portion of the population that was willing to work for lower wages.  I remember the discussions on this board about raising the minimum wage, seems us patriotic Americans just don't want to fulfill that role.  Wish there was a new part of the population that wanted to do it..... 

dont worry folks... its just transitory inflation.....

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
It's like if there was just some portion of the population that was willing to work for lower wages.  I remember the discussions on this board about raising the minimum wage, seems us patriotic Americans just don't want to fulfill that role.  Wish there was a new part of the population that wanted to do it..... 
Raise minimum wage to $100/hr for all I care.  Wages will go up for everyone. Cost of goods will go up to compensate.  We and that minimum wage earner will be in the exact same position……assuming robots dont take their place. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
Raise minimum wage to $100/hr for all I care.  Wages will go up for everyone. Cost of goods will go up to compensate.  We and that minimum wage earner will be in the exact same position……assuming robots dont take their place. 
No that's not how it works,   the greedy business owners will just pay those higher wages out of their cut,,  they wont raise prices and the lower wage earners will gain buying power..... bwahhahahahaha =)  almost kept a straight face. 

But think about all those new taxes that will be raised,  and all those new things the pols could piss it away on instead of paying down debt.  As a commissioned salesman I know this inflation has driven up my compensation significantly,   however I dont see myself any better off after paying a lot more taxes and dealing with the skyrocketing costs of the goods and services I purchase.

I was hoping this post was referring to gas prices.