Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offense tiers

Bucs at #1? Brady is 45 and their best back is Leonard freaking Fournette. Should be in the top 10. But #1? Ahead of the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers and Bills? No. Still very good on defense though. 

The Packers? CBS seems to be unaware they lost about a 1/3 of their starting offense. The Eagles QB is Jalen Hurts. The Saints QB is Jameis Winston. Vikings one ahead of a team QB'd by either Tua or Teddy. 

Chargers too low. Hebert and Ekeler and an OL that now boasts Slater and Zion Johnson. Need better receivers after Keenan Allen though.

Bills too low. Outside of Diggs, their receivers are just "OK," but I think Cook will be a big upgrade at RB. 

Broncos too low. Improved line (thank you, Packers), really good receivers and Javonte Williams is the NFL's next star at RB. Add Russell Wilson to that?

Vikings too low. JJ, Thielen, Dalvin, ISJ, Cousins....potential to be the best in the league with some KOC creativity and some natural growth from an OL of nothing but 1st and 2nd rounders. 

Packers being ahead of Buffalo is a complete joke, so the team that scored 10 points at home in the divisional round against a wild card team is over the team that scored 36 on the road that same weekend.  So overrated.  

The media loves the Packers with Aaron Rodgers. Its actually not a bad bet, Rodgers is a force for sure, but.....when the national media gets lazy they just tack the Packers up as a top-5 team de facto. 

Having said that: I'm already seeing a very select few national media people pimping the Vikings as a dark horse. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The media loves the Packers with Aaron Rodgers. Its actually not a bad bet, Rodgers is a force for sure, but.....when the national media gets lazy they just tack the Packers up as a top-5 team de facto. 

Having said that: I'm already seeing a very select few national media people pimping the Vikings as a dark horse. 
With Rodgers, the Packers will always be a playoff contender, but to call their offense among "the best of the best" is, as you put it, lazy. They lost their top three receivers and two starting offensive linemen. Unless they add OBJ at some point, they'll take a step back. Their depth chart at receiver goes Randall Cobb, Sammy Watkins and an FCS rookie who is probably a year away from starting. 

Davante Adams scared the pants off every DC in the NFL. Just don't think any of the above will have that kind of impact. 

There is a lot to take issue with here for sure...

I think the Broncos are poised to move up - I'd be psyched if I was a season tix holder there. Cleveland fans too..

The rankings for Bucs, Eagles and Saints is laughable. 

We haven't talked much about Mahomes and KC -- loosing Hill is a big deal. They still have Kelce though. 

How far back will the 49'ers drop with a kid @ QB this season? Could be a lot. What's happened with Deebo there? 

We could have a good debate on how far back or not GB will slip on offense?  Rogers obviously keeps em dangerous - losing Adams is a big deal for any QB, even a HOF one. 

I'd have the Vikings at in that 9-12 range 

I still contend we missed an opportunity with Jameson Williams and if Smith-Marsette doesn't develope as they project our receiving core becomes very average if either Jefferson or Thielen goes down. KJ is okay as a 3rd but I wouldn't trust him yet in a starting role and there's a huge talent difference between he and Williams anyway. Jameson Williams was the best player I saw in college football last season. Absolutely dominated Cine and Georgia in the SEC Championship and was on his way to doing it again in the National Championship before the knee injury. If we could have added that kind of talent to our offense by Halloween, we would have went to a good offense, to a damn scary offense because of the ability of one guy. I would have put that group up against anybodys skill position guys. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I still contend we missed an opportunity with Jameson Williams and if Smith-Marsette doesn't develope as they project our receiving core becomes very average if either Jefferson or Thielen goes down. KJ is okay as a 3rd but I wouldn't trust him yet in a starting role and there's a huge talent difference between he and Williams anyway. Jameson Williams was the best player I saw in college football last season. Absolutely dominated Cine and Georgia in the SEC Championship and was on his way to doing it again in the National Championship before the knee injury. If we could have added that kind of talent to our offense by Halloween, we would have went to a good offense, to a damn scary offense because of the ability of one guy. I would have put that group up against anybodys skill position guys. 
Time will tell. Still, Williams would have been an odd fit for a team that wants to win now. I think even the Lions realize he's more a pick for 2023.