Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This site crashing every draft is so us
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:
2 players are better than 1. The 2nd best safety at 32. 34 should be interesting. They have a lot of needs and needed to increase their odds. We'll see how the rest plays out. 
Wsh that came witha. guarantee. 
There are no guarantees but we need more chances to hit than miss. It's not like a bunch of 7 round picks. 
I just don't know that I am in a giving mood on something like this. I mean we got fucked. Hard. Royally. And by a team in the division. That is historically the worst team in the league. 

He had better be right because everything screams that he grabbed the pooch with both hands and well you know....

Booth should go to a system that allows him to play aggressive, downhill football. He would be a menace in the Vic Fangio quarters/half-quarter-quarter/quarter-quarter-half system although he has the potential to fit just about anywhere. He may just need some time to reach his maximum ability in other defensive schemes.
Grade
Mid-First Round
Pro Comparison
Vontae Davis

EAGAN, Minn. — The Vikings traded the 12th overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft within the division on Thursday night.
Minnesota sent the selection to the Detroit Lions, along with the 46th overall pick in the second round, in exchange for the 32nd, 34th and 66th overall selections this year.
The Vikings were set to select from the 12th spot for just the third time in team history. They are now scheduled to close the first round and have the second pick of the second round.
So draft value points wise:
Vikes give up around 1640 and we get back around 1500 points depending on what draft chart you use?   So, on paper we should have got Detroit's 90th pick which has a 112-point value, and a late 3rd round pick which is not nothing.  
I don't remember one of Spelly moves ever being a net loss.  I'm sure it happened, and I am not trying to defend him, but we may have thrown the baby out with the bath water ( I just wanted to use that line for the first time ever).
But....
A. Booth, CB Clemson is still available and I would have wanted him with a move down in the mid 20's.  So we might get a S and CB????  N. Dean is very tempting as well.  But who the F knows?
NFL Draft 2022: Best available players after round one
RankPlayer NamePositionSchool
15Malik WillisQBLiberty
23Andrew Booth Jr.CBClemson
28Nakobe DeanLBGeorgia
32David OjaboEDGEMichigan
34Matt CorralQBMississippi
35Boye MafeEDGEMinnesota
36Desmond RidderQBCincinnati
37Arnold EbiketieEDGEPenn State
38Kyler GordonCBWashington
39Roger McCrearyCBAuburn
41Travis JonesDLUConn

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
2 players are better than 1. The 2nd best safety at 32. 34 should be interesting. They have a lot of needs and needed to increase their odds. We'll see how the rest plays out. 
Well fuckit then,  let's keep selling low to accumulate more later round picks so we can get 12 players instead of 6.  No offense but I have to believe the talent we would have gotten at 12 and 40,  would exceed the return of what we will get from Cine,  34, and sixty whatever.  We didn't get enough in return and would have been better off staying put than helping a division rival and losing value in the process.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Well fuckit then,  let's keep selling low to accumulate more later round picks so we can get 12 players instead of 6.  No offense but I have to believe the talent we would have gotten at 12 and 40,  would exceed the return of what we will get from Cine,  34, and sixty whatever.  We didn't get enough in return and would have been better off staying put than helping a division rival and losing value in the process.
Yup. Hosed by a divisional rival.